Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Brighton

Klopp will sacrifice success for Roberto Firmimo. Any number 9 should never sign for us as long as Firmino is there he wobt play. Only way Jota is going to play is if he replaces Mane. And on evidence Mane is not giving up his shirt. There are 3 players 18 months out of form bit still starting.

As good as Brighton were we bring team back in by being sloppy with the ball. Firmino, Trent, Jones, Robbo 4 culpritd who cant concentrate or keep it simple for long spells.

It would be heart breaking if we end up falling just short like we did against Man-city. we lost way fewer games just one actually .but drew to many..we are only 3 points of the top with 28 games which is obviously nothing. But we cant afford to keep dropping points from winning positions.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    It would be heart breaking if we end up falling just short like we did against Man-city. we lost way fewer games just one actually .but drew to many..we are only 3 points of the top with 28 games which is obviously nothing. But we cant afford to keep dropping points from winning positions.
    Similar to 0809 as well too many draws.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Yes they did.
    No they didn't, all their play came from using the entire width of the pitch and releasing players in wide positions, like Atletico's in the last game v them

Part of our problem however is that we've put all our work and far too much emphasis on everything coming donw and through our right hand side

I keep saying it, but prior to the enforced changes last season, our left hand side had been our most potent and biggest source of break through goals for fully 2 seasons and nothing has been done to get it back to at least functioning reasonably well, let alone getting it back to it's devastating best

Part of how Brighton were able to nullify us and Mo today was to crowd him out, because everything was coming down our right all the time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know and most of those draws came with Fab at no6, and we've already drawn 2 because of that this season v Brentford and City

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No they didn't, all their play came from using the entire width of the pitch and releasing players in wide positions, like Atletico's in the last game v them

Part of our problem however is that we've put all our work and far too much emphasis on everything coming donw and through our right hand side

I keep saying it, but prior to the enforced changes last season, our left hand side had been our most potent and biggest source of break through goals for fully 2 seasons and nothing has been done to get it back to at least functioning reasonably well, let alone getting it back to it's devastating best

Part of how Brighton were able to nullify us and Mo today was to crowd him out, because everything was coming down our right all the time
    Then u dont know what a genuine 6 looks like or supposed to do. Hendo is functional but not a 6. But anyway

Yes because in our title winning season he wasn't instrumental in that position at all and we didn't win every single game he played there and we weren't far FAR better than we have ever been or ever will be with Fab headless chicken in the centre

You might want to check the records in the League and Champions League when Hendo starts there and Fab's, you'll find Hendo's much better

You might want to watch some games and look at how No6's constantly scan and look what's on and potentially on, where the potential runners are and how they position themselves in a pressing game too, Fab doesn't do any of those things, he is VERY good if we're playing a deeper line and the other 2 midfielders deeper in more close support of him and he only has to sit in the centre and 'react' as that all he does, he's not a remotely proactive player and everything is in front of him, the defender converted to a midfield destroyer (just cannot call him a No6 or DM) that he is
    We are in the year 2021 going into 2022.

I know and most of those draws came with Fab at no6, and we've already drawn 2 because of that this season v Brentford and City
    Most of those 31 wins came with him as a 6. 31 wins. 97 pts. City won by the absolute slightest. Dont think one could ever sledge the team for the 1819 season. It was a huge effort and they took it the next seaon agaon with Fsb in the 6. We went 28 games unbeaten with Fab as 6 and demolished tjr league. So easy to just throw irrelevance to say something amd conveniently leave out other side of the picture. It is like cropping a picture to 10% and say see.

Hopefully we get a midfielder in during January, if we're going to win the league this season it's a must, in what will be a very very tight league, we've already dropped 8 points in 4 draws we absolutely should have taken all 3 points from, 3 of those through our midfield, through our No6 against Brentford and City, the Chelsea game through Jurgen's bizarre tactics against 10 men and our not having addressed our issue of not having anything consistent to offer in attack down our left and today through our piss poor lack of quality and strength in depth at LCM and RCM

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Most of those 31 wins came with him as a 6. 31 wins. 97 pts. City won by the absolute slightest. Dont think one could ever sledge the team for the 1819 season. It was a huge effort and they took it the next seaon agaon with Fsb in the 6. We went 28 games unbeaten with Fab as 6 and demolished tjr league. So easy to just throw irrelevance to say something amd conveniently leave out other side of the picture. It is like cropping a picture to 10% and say see.
    Not for me, teams worked out the high line, worked out Fab not putting himself in good positions to cover Trent if necessary and leaving a huge gap in the centre and not picking up runners, look at the Brentford game and how they set up, 2 up top with a runner from deep to make a 3 v 2 and 2 of their goals came from that, Fab didn't recognise what was happening and track that runner once all game. Teams set up to play off and expose the gaping holes Fab leaves in the centre, he's a trigger for opposition runners, it happens all the time, as soon as they see our destroyer set off to get involved in something he doesn't need to vacating the centre entirely, they're off