Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah he is terrible even though most experts all say how much of a superb player he is.

He is a quality player for two reasons Klopp picks him and he is still here that is good enough for me.
    What defines expert in football. Ex players. Firmino is a myth and a phantom. He was brilliant 2017 and 2018 when we hit teams on thr counter. He came deep and one wall passed to allow Mane and Salah in behind (3rd man runners).

Firmino looked good last week cause United were atrocious and just walked around. Watford and Porto were even worse and those are the 3 games he apparently shone. Yet in those games he gave the bal away. He is prone to a press prone to a pass that leads to a goal attempt against. He has been horribly put of form and I am nor sure if he has scored more than 3 goals at Anfield in the last 2 or so seasons. I could be worng but I dont think he has.

We also went behind against Brentford dont forget.

We have clearly changed tactics this season to have the midfield further forward which means we create/score more goals the trade off is you are going to be more open.

Today at 2-0 we should win no denying that but we didnt we have to make sure it doesnt happen again.
    You can't have the LCM and RCM consisting of any 2 of Oxlade, Jones or Minamino, would have been better to bring Jota on as the attacking high pressing RCM
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You can't have the LCM and RCM consisting of any 2 of Oxlade, Jones or Minamino, would have been better to bring Jota on as the attacking high pressing RCM
    I disageee on Hendo being a 6 but agree on the 2 alongside they were useless. Jota could have coome on and we played 442 or variant and we wud hv pressed them better

Even if Morton came on he is much better defensively than Ox and Jones today in midfield imo.

Why should we have won 3 of the 4 draws that is not how the game works.

Teams played well against us so deserve the points in the EPL it is very very hard to win in most games as Klopp keeps on saying.

I wouldnt worry too much about it lets see where we are after 38 games not 10.
    Winning 2-0, drawing then almost losing isn't usually how the game works legs.

Our game management when ahead even by a goal is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    What defines expert in football. Ex players. Firmino is a myth and a phantom. He was brilliant 2017 and 2018 when we hit teams on thr counter. He came deep and one wall passed to allow Mane and Salah in behind (3rd man runners).

Firmino looked good last week cause United were atrocious and just walked around. Watford and Porto were even worse and those are the 3 games he apparently shone. Yet in those games he gave the bal away. He is prone to a press prone to a pass that leads to a goal attempt against. He has been horribly put of form and I am nor sure if he has scored more than 3 goals at Anfield in the last 2 or so seasons. I could be worng but I dont think he has.
    Id class Klopp as an expert he seems to like him.

Id class Klopp as an expert he seems to like him.
    No there i agree Klopp is a expert but he is wrong on Bobby and it will cost him. If he os not seeing the obvious then it is fine. If he is happy with 1 PL and 1 CL and not 2 or more of each than thats for him. Robbo and Firmino are horribly out of form for 2 years now. Jota is doing the business but cant start that is wrong

So its not a bruised ankle with Naby Keita. its actually an hamstring issue. This is what you get when you rely on someone whos not physically upto . has been shown for the last 3 years with him.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    No there i agree Klopp is a expert but he is wrong on Bobby and it will cost him. If he os not seeing the obvious then it is fine. If he is happy with 1 PL and 1 CL and not 2 or more of each than thats for him. Robbo and Firmino are horribly out of form for 2 years now. Jota is doing the business but cant start that is wrong
    From what I've seen of things, Jota seems to play better coming on rather than starting, that's why he seems to start Firmino more often than not. Jota is also capable of missing the target just like Firmino as he has done on plenty of occasions

Depending on what happens with Bisouma. We need to go out and get him and Tielemans and get ridda Keita and Oxlade.
    just spend some sodding money on players.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century