Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Your team v Atletico II (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I can confirm I have sent him, together with his agent to search for a good loan move for him in January, he desperately needs experience of real defending and we can't afford for him to try and learn on the job, as it just hasn't worked out in the type of situations mentioned, could do with growing a couple of inches too and getting a better leap on him
    Do you have any imagination

You've pilloried the lad for ages,
    and you couldn't even sell him to Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No, you're STILL trying to force the players into a system that simply doesn't suit their abilities

Our 433 is fluid, it becomes various different formations throughout each game and is able to do so as readily and easily because it is 433, we spend spells of many games playing an effective 4231, but wouldn't be as effective starting like that

Our forwards are not the right type of forwards for a 4231 and our full backs are too damned good to waste in a 4231

Just accept that Jurgen likes a very fluid and flexible formation that is deliberately a little lopsided and it being so is a huge factor in why it works
    With 433 it's fluid, variable, lopsided and we can even "spend spells of many games playing an effective 4231" you say.
    But 4231 - an opposite, Klopp's only a man whose used it before at Dormund and with LFC.

You seem to believe he couldn't put what I regard as our best 11 together in any other formation and make it work better, it has to be 433

Here's how I see it:

We have a back 4 & Alisson, with Robbo/Tsimi the current discussion for starting v West ham. That much is set as far as Klopp goes, we rarely enough play a back 3.

Imo we have Fab and Hendo 2 real grunts and four Klopp approved forwards that make up our best 11 thereafter.
    What the best formation for those 6 is, I'm not sure, but it does appear as though a different setup might get the best out of them.

Salah nearly always is furthest forward so he's really our most advanced player in all setups.

The way I see it our best 11 on paper are the following

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho
    Mane Firmino Jota
    Salah

When you look at that 11 and where our back ups can play in the setup, I think it would be beneficial to our squad with rotation.

If I had to pick Klopps 433 and those 11, I'd replace Gini lcm with Firmino and have Jota CF. But it doesn't look like the best deployment of those players given their talents.

Some simple stats

Players total goal or assist numbers for LFC career,
    all comps for all bar CB & GK

Salah 195
    Bobby 163
    Mane 149

Hendo 85
    Milner 70
    Trent 60
    Origi 53
    Robbo 45

Ox 27
    Jota 22
    Jones 17
    Keita 16
    Fabinho 12

Taki 7
    Neco 5
    Tsimi 2
    Thiago 2

LFC Goal or assist per X minutes:

Salah 92.1

Jota 121.5
    Mane 124.6
    Origi 124.7
    Bobby 136.1

Taki 161.7
    Jones 187.4
    Ox 189

Milner 240.8
    Trent 256.9
    Keita 277.4

Neco 308.2
    Robbo 363.9
    Hendo 366.3
    Tsimi 388.9

Fab 840.2
    Thiago 1214.5

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    With 433 it's fluid, variable, lopsided and we can even "spend spells of many games playing an effective 4231" you say.
    But 4231 - an opposite, Klopp's only a man whose used it before at Dormund and with LFC.

You seem to believe he couldn't put what I regard as our best 11 together in any other formation and make it work better, it has to be 433

Here's how I see it:

We have a back 4 & Alisson, with Robbo/Tsimi the current discussion for starting v West ham. That much is set as far as Klopp goes, we rarely enough play a back 3.

Imo we have Fab and Hendo 2 real grunts and four Klopp approved forwards that make up our best 11 thereafter.
    What the best formation for those 6 is, I'm not sure, but it does appear as though a different setup might get the best out of them.

Salah nearly always is furthest forward so he's really our most advanced player in all setups.

The way I see it our best 11 on paper are the following

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho
    Mane Firmino Jota
    Salah

When you look at that 11 and where our back ups can play in the setup, I think it would be beneficial to our squad with rotation.

If I had to pick Klopps 433 and those 11, I'd replace Gini lcm with Firmino and have Jota CF. But it doesn't look like the best deployment of those players given their talents.
    Ok Mane, Jota and Mo are not winger or midfielders, you'd be asking them to play as both things for periods in all games and one of all of their greatest strengths is playing on the last defender's shoulder, 2 of them wouldn't be there even nearly as much in a 4231

Our full backs are the best attacking full backs in the league, in Europe in fact, in a 4231 the wide players in the 3 get in and occupy the space the full backs like to play in, playing deeper not in the same positions to make runs in behind our forwards aren't creating the space for the full backs to run into/arrive into anywhere like as frequently

What you suggest simply doesn't play to the greatest strengths or our very best players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Augmenting the midfield from one 6 and two 8s to two 6s and one 10 really isn't that much of a big deal.

Certainly can't envisage the crisis at fullback you are predicting as we've seen how Klopps played 4231 here and at Dortmund.
    Here it was scoring more goals, and not any real difference in goals conceded.

You're talking about ancient history CCTV, the 4231 you're talking about was a long time ago, we've done a lot of evolving since then, individually and as a team and as a squad too, the goals were drying up in that system ,it's why we went to 433 with a higher line and press

I find it astonishing you think our forwards can suddenly become wingers and spend large chunks of the game in midfield and deeper not making the runs in behind and think that wouldn't interfere with their form (which is excellent right now) or our full backs, actually, I find it hilarious Stick to fantasy manager lad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”