Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atletico II (Champion's League)

Matip playing DM is asking for a breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    So you're leaving Henderson out now. That midfield will be unusual.
    No Hendo is at No6 as he's our best No6 and by a country mile
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Matip playing DM is asking for a breakdown.
    He's due for one, no matter where he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why not, it's a choice of playing a more experienced player with zero defensive ability or positional sense, so not the right kind of experience or playing a young lad who is inexperienced in big games and in the first team, but surrounded by our best players to talk and help him through it, who has the relevant skills and abilities we need in there for this game

I'd sooner see Morton there than Ox or Mr Me, the Big I am who has won fuck all Jones starting there
    You'd rather see it yes but it's really not likely.
    I'd rather play with ten men than Ox he's that shit, an absolute 5th wheel if there ever was.
    Jones, just when you think he's getting it together ( prior to being injured) he reverts to type. I know he's only young but he is not going to be a future nailed on starter for us, he'd be a regular now if he was.
    He's basically the Harrods Jay Spearing, sounds a nasty thing to say but that's how I see it.
    Not saying I wouldn't like to see Morton play some games but it won't be this one. Maybe if we win and qualify he could get some minutes in the last 2, I do hope we see more of him this season aside from the league Cup.

He's due for one, no matter where he plays.
    Especially playing against the likes of fucking Preston.

No Hendo is at No6 as he's our best No6 and by a country mile
    Course he is, that's why Fabinho plays there when he's fit, Henderson on the right and whoever else on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well Jones has a EPL medal so he has won something.
    But he hasn't, he's got a medal as a free hand out, just like Brewster got a Champions League winners medal for fuck all and thought he was the shit, Jones has had a couple of half decent games this season in which he's backed himself with the ball and managed to coordinate himself with the rest of the team without it, but as someone else pointed out, he swaggers about like he's the absolute dogs bollocks, when he's done fuck all in reality

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Especially playing against the likes of fucking Preston.
    I said at the time he may have played him because he was preferring Konate for today which he obviously was.

Course he is, that's why Fabinho plays there when he's fit, Henderson on the right and whoever else on the left.
    He is our best No6, Fabinho isn't even a No6 or a DM, he's a right back converted into a midfield destroyer who Jurgen has incredible favouritism towards and for because he signed said RB and converted him into an alleged No6, he's not a midfielder, he'll never be a midfielder, you look at any of the best midfielders at No6, they all have one thing in common, head on swivel taking constant snap shots of where players are, reading the game, anticipating what's on either way and where any runners might be or come from and who is their man in their area, you look at Fabinho, he never does it, watch him, he never scans the pitch, he can be stood right next to his man and he'll just run off him and leave him getting involved in something he shouldn't and doesn't need to

If we revert to playing the deeper line of last season and deeper line we were playing in his first season, with out other mids also deeper and closer to him so a destroyer is the order of the day, fair enough, he's very good at that because he doesn't have to read the game and anticipate as well or at all, he can be purely reactive, the issues and flaws in Fab's game only became entirely apparent when we went to a much higher line past half way through his first season

In the 18-19 season we transitioned from playing very direct and quickly and scoring a lot on the counter to having to push more players forward and score goals through good possession or winning second balls
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th October 2021 at 07:40 PM.

But he hasn't, he's got a medal as a free hand out, just like Brewster got a Champions League winners medal for fuck all and thought he was the shit, Jones has had a couple of half decent games this season in which he's backed himself with the ball and managed to coordinate himself with the rest of the team without it, but as someone else pointed out, he swaggers about like he's the absolute dogs bollocks, when he's done fuck all in reality
    So he has got one then as I said !

He is still a kid so he is unlikely to have won loads in reality you just make your mind up on players and no matter what they do you judge them on how you see them.

I call things as I see them and we are badly missing Fabinho we saw this at the end of last season with 8 wins out the last 10 with him in midfield....he might have a bad game but he never gets bullied we need that back.

Just for clarity we werent bullied today their movement was excellent.