Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atletico II (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He is our best No6, Fabinho isn't even a No6 or a DM, he's a right back converted into a midfield destroyer who Jurgen has incredible favouritism towards and for because he signed said RB and converted him into an alleged No6, he's not a midfielder, he'll never be a midfielder, you look at any of the best midfielders at No6, they all have one thing in common, head on swivel taking constant snap shots of where players are, reading the game, anticipating what's on either way and where any runners might be or come from and who is their man in their area, you look at Fabinho, he never does it, watch him, he never scans the pitch, he can be stood right next to his man and he'll just run off him and leave him getting involved in something he shouldn't and doesn't need to

If we revert to playing the deeper line of last season and deeper line we were playing in his first season, with out other mids also deeper and closer to him so a destroyer is the order of the day, fair enough, he's very good at that because he doesn't have to read the game and anticipate as well or at all, he can be purely reactive, the issues and flaws in Fab's game only became entirely apparent when we went to a much higher line past half way through his first season

In the 18-19 season we transitioned from playing very direct and quickly and scoring a lot on the counter to having to push more players forward and score goals through good possession or winning second balls
    Why are you bringing where he used to play onto things its where he plays now that matters. If you want to go back to players shifting positions Gerrard started out as a right back as a youngster, his change of position didn't do him any harm, one of the best we have had at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why are you bringing where he used to play onto things its where he plays now that matters. If you want to go back to players shifting positions Gerrard started out as a right back as a youngster, his change of position didn't do him any harm, one of the best we have had at the club.
    Fab change positions aged 25, that's a big difference and as I understood it, maybe I am mistaken in this, Gerrard was a midfielder but Houllier brought him into the first team giving him some of his first appearances at right back, pre Finnan I believe and he couldn't possibly be any worse than Carra there could he

We bought Fab off the back of his performances in Monaco's Champions League run I think, he played right back for them throughout most of that, the lad isn't a midfielder, he never will be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fab change positions aged 25, that's a big difference and as I understood it, maybe I am mistaken in this, Gerrard was a midfielder but Houllier brought him into the first team giving him some of his first appearances at right back, pre Finnan I believe and he couldn't possibly be any worse than Carra there could he

We bought Fab off the back of his performances in Monaco's Champions League run I think, he played right back for them throughout most of that, the lad isn't a midfielder, he never will be
    Thats what I meant, he started in the first team as a youngster as a full back and it was Houllier who converted him.

Lots of players finish up in different positions than when they start out. Ray Kennedy was one of if not THE best player we converted positions for. He wasn't replacing Keegan or Toshack so Paisley put him in midfield. Without his pass from there to Fairclough, we don't go to Rome and possibly don't win it next year either.

Fab was 24 when he came here. But anyway continue resident anslyst/xpert

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Fab was 24 when he came here. But anyway continue resident anslyst/xpert
    No need to attempt to become the resident stalker, we haven't had one of those since Red4life80something, and thanks for correcting me, there is such a thing as agreeing to disagree, most of us here do that. I'll never rate Fab unless or until Jurgen has the video analysis team sit down with him for a couple of hours a day each week after training and show him clips of what he does and where he goes wrong and show him clips of what the best Kante Hendo and others do and how it should be done and what the right decision to make in the position he was should have been and he is educated in training to get his head on swivel and if they can make him into a midfielder through that, because he isn't a midfielder, he's a destroyer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fabinho played DM throughout that season for Monaco.
    He also played DM the following season at Monaco.
    He's in his 4th season at LFC as a dm and only turned 28 a few days ago.

1+1+4= 6

28-6 = 22

He played rb and dm in the 2 seasons prior to Monacos great run in the CL and ligue1 title season.
    Those were his transitioning seasons.

My team:

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Tsimi
    Hendo Gomez
    Jota Fimino Mane
    Salah

If matip ain't fit Konate at CB.

We've practically qualified but it would be nice to thrash these at Anfield.

If If thiago is fit, I'd start him in a 433 with Jota up top beside Salah & Mane and keep Bobby in reserve.

Alisson
    Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas
    Hendo Thiago
    Salah Firmino Mane
    Jota