Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atletico II (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Way I see it we have 2 very capable 6s in Fab and Hendo compared with a more attack minded player like Bobby or Jota to play in the 3. They are more AttaciingMid/Strikers.
    It's squeezing the best players into a formation that would more naturally lean to a double pivot of Hendo & Fab.

Given other dynamics I think you have to leave the lcm berth as the one to be filled by one of those 2, Leave Hendo on the right.

Hendo Fab Jota
    Salah Firmino Mane
    To be honest though, that's been our system No6 LCM controller RCM attacking or more attacking mid, forwards in a definite 3 with the 2 inside/wide forwards constantly looking to make runs in behind, a 4231 really needs a more orthodox No9 and the wide forwards to have the beating of players and taking players on and better crossing and our forwards aren't those types of forward, the difference between Mo and his numbers in a much more competitive league used as a forward in a 433, to being used as a winger in a 4231 is miles apart
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We should be battering them tonight - absolutely no excuses, if what I have read is true.

Their talisman is missing and they have supposedly played 9 (NINE) games since we beat them at the Wanda 2 weeks ago.

Is that even possible? 9 games in 2 weeks?

EDIT: It is Utter baloney too. They have played 3 La Liga games (Real Sociadad - Levante & Betis) since our game in Spain.

Still think we should be putting the group to bed tonight.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd November 2021 at 11:36 AM.

@19 you are back to forcing the best 11 players into a system that doesn't best reflect the mix of talent on the 11.
    Salah irregardless of formation is going to be the furthest forward on average positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We should be battering them tonight - absolutely no excuses, if what I have read is true.

Their talisman is missing and they have supposedly played 9 (NINE) games since we beat them at the Wanda 2 weeks ago.

Is that even possible? 9 games in 2 weeks?

EDIT: It is Utter baloney too. They have played 3 La Liga games (Real Sociadad - Levante & Betis) since our game in Spain.

Still think we should be putting the group to bed tonight.
    We are practically qualified on 9 points after 3 games. 1 more win and we qualify.

Max athletic or Porto could get is 13 points, the other on 10. If they draw their game and win their others both on 11 is the best they can do.

A win tonight would be nice and advantage hopefully to Porto for Kopop.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    @19 you are back to forcing the best 11 players into a system that doesn't best reflect the mix of talent on the 11.
    Salah irregardless of formation is going to be the furthest forward on average positions.
    No, you're STILL trying to force the players into a system that simply doesn't suit their abilities

Our 433 is fluid, it becomes various different formations throughout each game and is able to do so as readily and easily because it is 433, we spend spells of many games playing an effective 4231, but wouldn't be as effective starting like that

Our forwards are not the right type of forwards for a 4231 and our full backs are too damned good to waste in a 4231

Just accept that Jurgen likes a very fluid and flexible formation that is deliberately a little lopsided and it being so is a huge factor in why it works
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looks like Morton could feature tonight. Seen training with the squad yesterday in prep for tonight

Id go with:-

Alisson
    Trent Matip/Konate VVD Tsimikas
    Hendo Fab Ox
    Salah Jota Mane

Depending on how fit Fab is.

Confirmed Liverpool lineup for Atletico tonight.

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Mane, Jota

Substitutes,
    Adrian, Kelleher, Konate, Phillips, Robertson, Williams, Thiago, Morton, Minamino, Firmino, Origi

Good team 😂

Gomez must be on a training course with Nineteen hope he confirms that later !

Glad Tsimikas is getting a chance in a big game. Even if it doesn't work out tonight, we'll know more about the player.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay