Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brighton home draw - postmatch discussion

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Some thought we had his replacement first in Keita, then Thiago, both way off the mark for me, not consistent and never fit. Totally unlike the man we sold.
    Sometimes u see what someone brings when they not there. Many ppl think of a midfielder as a Gerrard or Lampard. If u dont score then u r invisible.

There are players who do graft, or is a outlet under pressure or no rubbish on his side of the park. But cause he scored 11 goals at Newcastle, 4 in 1 game ppl perhaps thought that is his game, worsened ehen he scored for the Dutch. I for 1 rated him very highly was a main cog and it is showing.

For all concerned it was right time for him to go as the board and Klopp didnt feel he was worth what he wanted. Also he felt a bit unloved so it is what it is.

January Klopp can try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post

It's Jurgen Klopp, not January Klopp
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Sometimes u see what someone brings when they not there. Many ppl think of a midfielder as a Gerrard or Lampard. If u dont score then u r invisible.

There are players who do graft, or is a outlet under pressure or no rubbish on his side of the park. But cause he scored 11 goals at Newcastle, 4 in 1 game ppl perhaps thought that is his game, worsened ehen he scored for the Dutch. I for 1 rated him very highly was a main cog and it is showing.

For all concerned it was right time for him to go as the board and Klopp didnt feel he was worth what he wanted. Also he felt a bit unloved so it is what it is.

His wage demands were too high albeit he was underpaid throughout his time here.
    Part of the ageing squad gang so it made sense to leave him sign on for 300kpw at PSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Trent in midfield gomez on the right?
    I'd leave trent at rightback and let gomez sit in midfield.
    Led by captain fantastic to his right and guided by vvd behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Didn’t the same experts say the same last season with the centre backs?

“We don’t need to replace Lovren, there are at least 10 players who can play that position”.
    Last season Lovren would definitely not have been injured too and as it turned out we had Philips who just needed an opportunity.

I was very surprised to see alot of the crowd leaving with at least 5 minutes to go. I bet it was locals as well !!

Lay off the garlic Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We are well stocked - or so said the resident experts.
    If this is a cheap shot at me, Steveo, I'll remind you I said I believed we needed another midfielder at least 6 times over the summer, even naming a few preferred candidates. The argument with you is on your reflex to the accusation of underinvestment. We were missing something like 5 first team midfielders yesterday, if you include Keita. Klopp likes those midfielders and likes to use them. Whether you and I agree with him on that is a side argument, not an era defining truth.

One thing that is very tiresome is returning to this argument every time something suboptimal happens on the pitch. It never happens when I'm with my mates who I go to the game with. They don't turn into a bunch of pussies every time something goes wrong. They can keep their eye on the big picture. They also have a general sense of excitement for where things are at the moment and even, dare I say it, some gratitude.

As for midfielders, Man City had some decent midfielders out there yesterday. I'm not sure they have underinvested in recent transfer windows. Maybe they're all just shite or Crystal Palace are the dogs bollocks. Strange how football arguments go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If this is a cheap shot at me, Steveo, I'll remind you I said I believed we needed another midfielder at least 6 times over the summer, even naming a few preferred candidates. The argument with you is on your reflex to the accusation of underinvestment. We were missing something like 5 first team midfielders yesterday, if you include Keita. Klopp likes those midfielders and likes to use them. Whether you and I agree with him on that is a side argument, not an era defining truth.

One thing that is very tiresome is returning to this argument every time something suboptimal happens on the pitch. It never happens when I'm with my mates who I go to the game with. They don't turn into a bunch of pussies every time something goes wrong. They can keep their eye on the big picture. They also have a general sense of excitement for where things are at the moment and even, dare I say it, some gratitude.

As for midfielders, Man City had some decent midfielders out there yesterday. I'm not sure they have underinvested in recent transfer windows. Maybe they're all just shite or Crystal Palace are the dogs bollocks. Strange how football arguments go.
    I'm not surprised Palace won, they've done it before there albeit under a different manager, but Vieira is doing a good job there considering all the upheaval of players and contracts to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'm not surprised Palace won, they've done it before there albeit under a different manager, but Vieira is doing a good job there considering all the upheaval of players and contracts to sort out.
    They seem to be getting organised. It was still a surprise to me.

Brighton are also putting a very strong start to the season together. It's impressive. Given the unusual levels of elation in our ranks after what may have been the greatest result in our league history the other day, it doesn't surprise me that we lost our focus a bit. We were a hair's breadth from being 3 nil up before the break and some complacency crept in after that.