Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sort the left flank out Jurgen

As we have played this season and for balance like City have achieved, it would work far far better for us were Jurgen to employ a more attack minded LCM with Robbo sitting back a little as Walker does for City, especially as Robbo's crossing, sorry, putting the ball into a good area blindly, has gone to absolute shit

Oh, the other things City do very well at times that we used to, but again was more a feature of our incredible run of performances and results when Fabinho was out in 19-20 is their players not involved in the attack directly pick up excellent positions in which they are in a brilliant counter press position should their attack break down while also being in a brilliant position to quickly get ahead of that opposition player should the attack develop in a way their involvement could provide a goal or assist

They have literally copied everything, a lot of the best bits of it we failed to evolve (yes evolution is pretty key to not keeping playing the same, while leaving some aspects the same mostly) and ditched in the 19-20 season simply by bringing Fabinho back into the side and not on merit I might add, yet quite a few here prattle on about how we couldn't continue to play the same.

We have failed to evolve what needed to be evolved that would have left as equally as tight and dominant in midfield and defence but more creative in attack and we or rather Jurgen and the coaching staff, failed to even recognise there had been considerable evolution in Fab's absence in 19-20 to a way of playing we couldn't play with him at No6, as demonstrated v Atletico and for the remainder of that season following his reinclusion and then Hendo getting injured - So yeah, my comments that people took their eye well and truly off the ball stand
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If Mane can't do what he used to on our left anymore, make a 'horse's head in the bed' offer for Chiesa, absolutely perfect for our system to play either LFWD or RFWD and an simply brilliant long term signing, LFWD being my preference, then we have Mane as another option for RFWD and No9 although he suck as a 9 for me. Unlike Mane and Mo and Jota and Bobby, Chiesa is a lot more two footed, a much better dribbler and a lot better at getting half a yard on either foot and finishing, and regularly causes absolutely blind panic in defences that think they've made good plans for him

Things with me is lads, I have a few very highly defined autistic traits, I recognise patterns of play and specific positioning, changes in patterns of play and positioning and patterns of play and specific positioning that are incredibly similar to others I've seen and remember which of them work and when they went wrong, it's why my head starts all sorts of alarm bells ringing when Fab plays and has his frequent episodes of charging to wherever the ball is and bad positioning and reading of the game and understanding of who he should be picking up in general, it recognises it as very poor positional and team play and not being that of a top class No6, it sees it as entirely alien to our team performing at it's best, because he disrupts all of our patterns of play. Watching us this season with Ox and Jones doing their best possible Fabinho impressions in that sense has been a fucking nightmare, very disturbing indeed

It's how I ended up becoming a Liverpool fan, mesmerised by the patterns of play and mechanics of our 1977 side

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If Mane can't do what he used to on our left anymore, make a 'horse's head in the bed' offer for Chiesa, absolutely perfect for our system to play either LFWD or RFWD and an simply brilliant long term signing, LFWD being my preference, then we have Mane as another option for RFWD and No9 although he suck as a 9 for me. Unlike Mane and Mo and Jota and Bobby, Chiesa is a lot more two footed, a much better dribbler and a lot better at getting half a yard on either foot and finishing, and regularly causes absolutely blind panic in defences that think they've made good plans for him
    No shit Sherlock, but we ain’t taking Chiesa from Agnelli, not without Salah going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No shit Sherlock, but we ain’t taking Chiesa from Agnelli, not without Salah going the other way.
    not when it's a loan to buy and rather cheap, like juve won't sign him...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    not when it's a loan to buy and rather cheap, like juve won't sign him...
    Indeed - the Viola are out of the loop. Juve have him for what £35 million? That surely happens and then he has a huge price slapped on him, the guy is top kwaliteee