Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sort the left flank out Jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You can look at all the videos you like ive seen fans pointing fingers at different players for each goal it was a mess and the second is the worst of the lot.

Why did none of the 3-4 players just take Bowen out as I can tell you this Milner would 100% have took a yellow there.

We dont do enough of that plus I just found out from Wilshere you are totally allowed to smash players early to "let em know they are in for a game" you learn things everyday.
    Our players wouldn't get away with it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You can look at all the videos you like ive seen fans pointing fingers at different players for each goal it was a mess and the second is the worst of the lot.

Why did none of the 3-4 players just take Bowen out as I can tell you this Milner would 100% have took a yellow there
    Absolutely correct Legs, 3 players there, right by him, any other team in that position, knowing you're going to be in trouble on the counter because Fab's played a bad choice of pass when out of position, they just take Bowen out, not red card take him out, deliberately foul him and take a yellow and yes Milner or Hendo had they been in one of that 3 would have taken him out and taken the card

Still highlights our No6 issue though, needs to be a lesson well and truly learned now, when you're the No6, and both No8's and both full backs are well ahead of you, you can't get too high so easily taken out of the equation in defending any counter should our play break down, and you have to be really fucking careful about your pass selection
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely correct Legs, 3 players there, right by him, any other team in that position, knowing you're going to be in trouble on the counter because Fab's played a bad choice of pass when out of position, they just take Bowen out, not red card take him out, deliberately foul him and take a yellow and yes Milner or Hendo had they been in one of that 3 would have taken him out and taken the card

Still highlights our No6 issue though, needs to be a lesson well and truly learned now, when you're the No6, and both No8's and both full backs are well ahead of you, you can't get too high so easily taken out of the equation in defending any counter should our play break down, and you have to be really fucking careful about your pass selection
    I cant remember who the 3 were I think Fab Ox and someone else one of them has to pull him back.

I think Thiago would as well he isnt nasty but hr knows how to put in sly challenges.

If that is City Bowen is getting pulled or chopped down.

I cant remember who the 3 were I think Fab Ox and someone else one of them has to pull him back.

I think Thiago would as well he isnt nasty but hr knows how to put in sly challenges.

If that is City Bowen is getting pulled or chopped down.
    Absolutely Legs, it was Robbo, Fab and Ox who were all right by him, needs to be a lesson learned about being too clean at times too, only Trent was on a yellow I think, so no excuse whatsoever for none of them to take Bowen out, especially as they fouled Alisson for their first and their lad deliberately gave Hendo a whack on the knee, we need to play with the required tenacity and needle more at times

I fucking hate any defeat, I fucking hate piss poor draws in which we throw 2 points away too, but I hate them most of all before an international breaks, I expect Jurgen, the coaching staff and all our players not to put us in this situation again

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely Legs, it was Robbo, Fab and Ox who were all right by him, needs to be a lesson learned about being too clean at times too, only Trent was on a yellow I think, so no excuse whatsoever for none of them to take Bowen out, especially as they fouled Alisson for their first and their lad deliberately gave Hendo a whack on the knee, we need to play with the required tenacity and needle more at times
    Was just reading Dermot Gallaghers opinion on the supposed Allison foul on which he says Ogbonna was already in front of Allison and in his opinion Ogbonna jumped and Allison jumped into Ogbonna's space so it was Allison who made contact result - No Foul

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Was just reading Dermot Gallaghers opinion on the supposed Allison foul on which he says Ogbonna was already in front of Allison and in his opinion Ogbonna jumped and Allison jumped into Ogbonna's space so it was Allison who made contact result - No Foul
    Dermot (Ref Association) Gallagher It was a foul, not only that, but the replays also show Antonio give Alison a little shove as he jumps to try and upset his balance. Ogbonna from jumping is actually moving backwards into the space Alisson has to come into and continues to move backwards into Alisson while he remains in the same position in the air, Ogbonna's arm is in a completely unnatural position, from when he jumps it stays raised longer and swings backwards towards Alisson into his arms knocking his right arm down, not only is it a completely unnatural movement, but it is further demonstrated by Ogbonna's arm having the force to knock/push Alisson's right arm down and away, an arm used only to jump wouldn't go in that direction or with that power to push Alisson's arm out of the way

Also, I'm bored shitless of this you need to raise your arms to jump, it's bullshit, when I played a lot in my mid twenties, because I had clattered a few people by accident when jumping and got sent off once for accidentally catching one with an elbow, I did a lot of work on jumping and getting the same height without throwing my arms out or using them at all, except for a downwards push off them close to my body as part of the flex, it is entirely unnecessary to use your arms to jump, the actual help to get elevation doesn't even come from your arms, it comes from your shoulders, core and all the muscles on your front and back right down to your butt, which when practiced the timing of the flex of them in coordination with your spring from your feet, enabled me to get as high, if not higher than before I worked on it. You do not need to throw your arms out to get height on your jump

Someone should ask Gallagher that in his opinion and that of the SAME ref Pawson in the goal we had disallowed against the filthy, for Virgil having jumped to try and head the ball (without arms raised against the keeper I might add) in a perfectly reasonable position also travelling towards the keeper, that saw De Gea fluff his catch, not obstructed, not having his arms knocked down or away or interfered with, just fluffed it and ask him if using that barometer for what constituted a foul on the goalkeeper, wasn't it the case that Alisson was assaulted?

Same ref, one was a foul and one wasn't, same ref got both decisions wrong Edit: Correction, Pawson gave our goal and VAR ruled it out, was VAR the same yesterday? Refs should go and look at the footage of goal decisions themselves if the decision to award one is viewed as contentious

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11913538/ref-watch-van-dijk-fouled-de-gea
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th November 2021 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why just the left flank? The midfield is rubbish and seems to have a free pass.

Bullied again, west ham was better in midfield ffs
    In fairness, we've never played with a strong midfield (creatively speaking).
    Its all about the flanks.

It was telling how often Robbo was free and unmarked vs westham. I'm sure tactically they were told to make sure the right side with salah/trent had more bodies.
    He did absolutely nothing with all that space - cross were mishit or blindly kicked somewhere around the box.
    If i'm not mistaken, the first goals counterattack which led to the corner was due to him passing his cross right to a westham guy.

Well, Jurgen has the job of making our left as devastatingly effective and productive again as it was before the enforced changes last season and while he's doing it, he might want ot think about some rotation of our forwards positions, lie moving Mane to RFWD where he started and defined the playing of that role and moving Mo central or even to our LFWD position for a 15-20 minute spell

It's not rocket science, the last 2 sides we've played in the Premier League have detailed far more players to protecting their left hand side and stopping our right hand side and all their plans for playing and counter attacking against us will be based on that too, so we can effectively rip up all their preparations and plans for their game with us by improving our left hand side dramatically and moving our forwards positions

I was scoffed at, by Steveo and Kev in particular for stating last season that letting our left side completely go to waste as we have was a serious issue and error of judgement and was going to create problems for us further down the line, yet here we are

No - I didn’t scoff at anything about our left flank. It was awry last season as Mané’s head was all over the place and Robbo looked gassed exposing his technique.

All I suggested was that apart from the obvious lack of cover for CB we needed more from Midfield. Well this season we have even less.

Hendo needs 2 WC players ahead of him and 2 behind him PLUS a top level performer like Gini or an on form Fab - right beside him. otherwise he is exposed.

This has been Klopp’s biggest blind spot for years. He doesn’t want to use the midfield for anything other than defensive cover or a means to force mistakes. This season he has tried to get them to be more dynamic in attack BUT without Elliott or a fit (hardly ever is) and firing Thiago, where are the players for that?

Gini masked our midfield deficiencies big time. We now need Salah to be out of this world just to keep pace.