Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 188

Thread: Winter / Summer Windows, what / who do we need? Na

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    I think with Bremer, it is an opportunity too good to turn down, he is comfortable playing any CB position, so it will give us complete option of four top centre backs for the first time since Jurgen arrived, I think it is also a move for the future as well as the here and now, because he'll be hitting his peak years in 3 or 4 years time, when Virgil and Matip if both still here would be moving out of theirs - I have no doubt he will play if we bring him in

    Brozovic in January looks like it would be a very good move to me, looks more than capable of being better at the more attacking midfielder role than any of our current players, better as in he would offer goals and creativity but also be a lot better in pressing and defending and the physical side of the game and also of operating in the controller role, so i think it would be smart business, even offering a fee for a January move rather than waiting until the summer to land him - We'd still need a No6 who can also play LCM or RCM controller though

    Most of our best January links involve players who we could sign on a free, but they won't arrive until the summer, we need the additional forward and a No6 who can play LCM or RCM controller in January
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th November 2021 at 12:26 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    If Brozovic doesn't enter negotiations with Inter, given their reported financial issues, it would seem likely that for a fee of some description, given we could otherwise sign him for free, Inter might let him move in January, if our reported interest is indeed genuine
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,250
    Declan Rice and Bissouma (depending on what happens with him). would be a good 2 in a 3 in midfield.
    Leader of all..master of none..

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Declan Rice and Bissouma (depending on what happens with him). would be a good 2 in a 3 in midfield.
    Rice will go for absolutely silly money now, he will likely go to the filthy knowing them, I've liked him for a while and kept my eye on him, and he is the real deal now, improved his positioning, his passing, his reading and understanding of the game no end and can still improve, I would really like us to sign him as the long term successor to captain fantastic, I just don't see FSG coming up with the required fee, he'd go for somewhere between 90-120m I reckon
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Linked with highly sought after 20 year old wonderkid De Ketelaere, rated at 22m, likely to be available in January, looks a very Liverpool type of player and signing, very versatile also LCM No 6 RCM 10 or as a forward - Might be a possibility
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Gleison Bremer could yet be a surprise January addition as Jurgen continues to build his next generation CB pairings and pave the way for Gomez to leave on loan as he is allegedly unhappy with the playing time he is getting, despite it being entirely obvious to everyone else that Virgil, Matip and Konate are all miles better CBs than he will every be
    [B]
    6m price tag too - bargain
    FSG likes this

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17,938
    Rasmus Kristensen is throwing up good stats at Salzburg.

    Can't pretend to know much about the player, bit the thought of potentially getting a Tsimikas equivalent for the right-back slot (it's arguably one of our weakest areas of the pitch in terms of the drop-off in quality from the starter to the back-up) doesn't look a terrible idea on paper and I doubt he'd cost the Earth, whilst still having plenty of years left in his career.

    Would be fantastic to sort a forward, midfielder and back-up right-back sooner rather than later.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,418
    Stig-of-the-chunks

    I was told that Bjørnebye used to throw up before games and he’s Scandinavian too.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think with Bremer, it is an opportunity too good to turn down, he is comfortable playing any CB position, so it will give us complete option of four top centre backs for the first time since Jurgen arrived, I think it is also a move for the future as well as the here and now, because he'll be hitting his peak years in 3 or 4 years time, when Virgil and Matip if both still here would be moving out of theirs - I have no doubt he will play if we bring him in

    Brozovic in January looks like it would be a very good move to me, looks more than capable of being better at the more attacking midfielder role than any of our current players, better as in he would offer goals and creativity but also be a lot better in pressing and defending and the physical side of the game and also of operating in the controller role, so i think it would be smart business, even offering a fee for a January move rather than waiting until the summer to land him - We'd still need a No6 who can also play LCM or RCM controller though

    Most of our best January links involve players who we could sign on a free, but they won't arrive until the summer, we need the additional forward and a No6 who can play LCM or RCM controller in January
    So the club spend £36m on a 22 year old who cant get a regular game yet you think this guy walks into our eleven ???

    Its an international break its boring as fcuk so the usual transfer rubbish pops up.

    Gomez wont be going on loan not a chance of that happening he is likely to be doing lots of rehab work at the minute.

    Some of these players are laughable we are being linked to.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Some of these players are laughable we are being linked to.
    Bremer was the best CB in Serie A last season, playing for Torino, how much experience of real defending do people want? Had Lukaku in his pocket on both his sides meeting with Inter, despite them walking the league and blitzing more sides, they're most frequently the CBs who become the word's best CBs, being at a crappy club but still managing to be the best CB in their league, I actually think Jurgen is engaging in more rotation this season, trying to keep at least 3 CBs match fit at all times and with a weaker first team (partly due to his own tactical changes mind)but stronger squad overall he's seemingly more interested in the lesser cups as a result, I think Bremer will get games, fairly regular scorer from set pieces too, he is an absolute no brainer at 7m - Gomez will never be a top CB, never has been, never will
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft Windows 10
    By redebreck in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 1st December 2021, 03:10 PM
  2. Why have Liverpool not spent more this summer?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st September 2021, 12:10 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th June 2021, 09:30 AM
  4. Who will pounce for Haaland this summer?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th March 2021, 11:32 AM
  5. LFC Winter Sale extended: Up to 70% off
    By LFC.tv in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th January 2021, 11:20 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •