Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Winter / Summer Windows, what / who do we need? Na

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I take it you are going with American English there......in our version bum fighting sounds wrong...lol

Definitely conjures a somewhat strange image daaan here in the saaarf too.

Regarding any hopes for transfers in:
    FSG are business people.
    FSG are predominantly American.

FSG's priorities are (probably):
    1 making money (profit)
    2 American sport
    3 making money

Without the Coutinho money, we would not have Big Bear and Virgil.
    Without the outcry from our supporters, LFC staff would have been furloughed.

Really looking forward to January, to see if FSG have any interest in developing the club, other than financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Definitely conjures a somewhat strange image daaan here in the saaarf too.
    Im from Croydon mate....lol

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Regarding any hopes for transfers in:
    FSG are business people.
    FSG are predominantly American.

FSG's priorities are (probably):
    1 making money (profit)
    2 American sport
    3 making money

Without the Coutinho money, we would not have Big Bear and Virgil.
    Without the outcry from our supporters, LFC staff would have been furloughed.

Really looking forward to January, to see if FSG have any interest in developing the club, other than financially.
    I realise nothings gonna happen during the international break...but why isn't Mo's contract sorted? ..if a big bid comes in from say barca who have already started their campaign of divide and conquer.....they will sell and use the money to rebuild...they will not invest their own money.....

Was it 80 million that went on expansion?

As much as I'd love for us to invest every transfer window, that's not realistic with our owners model. I'm sure they have the cash, but are smarter with it. In the long run, more fans (which we will easily fill) equals more money. They cant keep dipping into their pockets to fund players. That's not how a business is run.

Konate was a shrewd signing imho. Very young and can easily become the next VVD. In a few years time, with more development and game time, I think his price will shoot up in value. I think they have set their sights on top four for a couple of years. Finish the expansion, earn money from Champions league and then reinvest properly. By that time, klopp would have left sadly

Agent fees something to bear in mind as well.

Looking at agent payment data between 2017 and 2020, we paid the second highest sum to intermediaries over the three-year period - £118.7m (€139m). That's according to "Off the Pitch" anyway. Swiss Ramble tends to be the fella I keep an eye out for when it comes to breaking down finance stuff.

Borussia Dortmund paid most - £140m (€164m) during the same period.

Others in the top five were Juventus (£112m), Chelsea (£110m) and Manchester City (£103.3m) for those who are curious in terms of comparisons.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Linked with Tchouamen, he'd be a very good signing for midfield, a VERY good signing, about time we actually signed one of Monaco's top talents straight from the source instead of trying to go after them when they've already made their big move
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd take Hee-Chan from Wolves, he was impressive when we played Leipzig, I couldn't understand why they were only using him from the bench

Yeah, Tchouamen would be a perfect signing for our midfield, better No6 than Fab and an absolutely ideal Gini replacement, Monaco likely to be looking for 50m, but he's 21, one of Europe's top top talents and he'd come far cheaper than Bissouma or Rice at that price and is a better player than both Edit: He's better with the ball than both and better than our current midfielders with it too also

City are sniffing around, so if he is one that Jurgen has been waiting for, we need to get out finger out, FSG probably won't bother though, we never sign the very best emerging players when there is an ideal opportunity to do so and I don't see them changing that now, even though we have a desperate need to do so also

It'd be nice, it would be fucking great in fact, if just every once in a while, and particularly this January after the consecutive summers of penny pinching fucks ups first at CB not replacing Lovren, then at CM and No6 not replacing Gini, if FSG could get their fucking finger out, make a massive statement and make damned well sure they beat City, Chelsea, Real, the filthy and whoever the fuck else to land a player like this

We missed out of MBappe and Dembele when they moved from Monace and are STILL fucking chasing both, for much more money in fees and wages, the lesson surely needs to be learned with this lad no?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th November 2021 at 10:20 PM.

Some sly stories, ex Prem refs going on about teams trying to target Alisson in future games and him not being fouled

Again, let's look at our goal disallowed by VAR against the filthy for Virgil's challenge for the ball with De Gea in the build up and look at West Ham's defenders unnatural movement of his arm and travelling backwards into Big Bear thrusting that arm into him and our keepers arms

One if a very clear foul, the other isn't a foul at all, and if you look at both incidents, it's very easy to work out which is a foul and which isn't

I always think they should get a panel of refs and VAR officials together, doctor the footage, changing kit colours and blanking out faces and any background giveaways and get them to say which are fouls and which aren't and why, it's make for a great mini game show on one of Sky's football shows
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th November 2021 at 09:56 PM.