Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Winter / Summer Windows, what / who do we need? Na

I'll settle for Tchouamen as our main signing in January, then FSG adding Gravenberch and Bellwhiffingham in the summer to give us an incredible midfield 3 for the next 10-14 years, the thing FSG need appreciate anout spending the big money on players, like they did with Virgil and Alisson, is that it makes you money and saved you money and if you can get them early, when they are 18-21 years old making their first big move, you've nailed that position for 12 or more years and if they do want to move on, you going to get the absolutely silly fees back

Bellingham Tchouamen Gravenberch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We missed out of MBappe and Dembele when they moved from Monace and are STILL fucking chasing both, for much more money in fees and wages, the lesson surely needs to be learned with this lad no?
    More"calculated gambles" akin to what Dortmund do and what Atletico/Porto did for years with strikers would be great, though many will frame it as a "lack of ambition" sadly.

Always a balancing act.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Re Tchouameni, we actually need him, pretty urgently, we didn't replace Gini, he would be a starter for us, Chelsea and City are just looking to add to their stockpile of midfielders, they don't actually need a midfielder of his type

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    More"calculated gambles" akin to what Dortmund do and what Atletico/Porto did for years with strikers would be great, though many will frame it as a "lack of ambition" sadly.

Always a balancing act.
    ‘Bottom line’ might have been more apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    ‘Bottom line’ might have been more apt.
    I think we have to all try and appreciate what we've had under Jurgen, these have been golden years, we might not win another trophy, I hope we do, but the lack of backing, for a manager who has done what he has on very limited finances, on a pittance in fact compared to clubs he's competing with and compared to other clubs aspiring to play European football who are also playing fair by FFP and the gaping holes that has left last season and that are evident this, well it's absolutely pitiful.

I'm going to try and just enjoy it, it is very hard for me to at times with Fab, because my autistic traits really don't like him playing and think he should have been replaced after 19-20

I think FSG will realise far too late that not backing Klopp with greater finances within the FFP framework, which they absolutely could do, to build an incredible legacy an even more incredible team and youth prospects during his time here will cost them very dearly in the long run, they're not football people, they don't understand or appreciate that Jurgen is a complete one off, something incredibly rare and precious that they won't get another of and that not funding him to build a legacy and squad and players coming through that will last at least a decade after he leaves, will see their revenues drop off incredibly quickly after his departure

It isn't FSG that have brought us success, as neurotypical business people they won't ever be able to see it that way, but without Jurgen, we'd never have reached the heights we did and it's not even debatable in my view, they simply won't get another manager of his abilities, he's one of the games all time greats, one of the greatest ever given what he's achieved on the 16th lowest net spend in the Premier League - People talk about the Arsenal top four model and how it failed, but they were failing while consistently considerably outspending us before Jurgen and while he has been here

Edit: Very well illustrated by our being 23rd on the list of highest net spends in European football over the past 5 years with a host of Premier League sides who haven't even been making top four in that time spending far more than us, Arsenal having spent well over twice what we have

https://www.90min.com/posts/european-clubs-biggest-net-spend-rankedpsg-manchester-united-city-barcelona
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th November 2021 at 05:08 AM.

I think we have to all try and appreciate what we've had under Jurgen, these have been golden years, we might not win another trophy, I hope we do, but the lack of backing, for a manager who has done what he has on very limited finances, on a pittance in fact compared to clubs he's competing with and compared to other clubs aspiring to play European football who are also playing fair by FFP and the gaping holes that has left last season and that are evident this, well it's absolutely pitiful.

I'm going to try and just enjoy it, it is very hard for me to at times with Fab, because my autistic traits really don't like him playing and think he should have been replaced after 19-20
    100%. ( aside from the Fab part). These are/have been golden years.

I think FSG will realise far too late that not backing Klopp with greater finances within the FFP framework, which they absolutely could do, to build an incredible legacy an even more incredible team and youth prospects during his time here will cost them very dearly in the long run, they're not football people, they don't understand or appreciate that Jurgen is a complete one off, something incredibly rare and precious that they won't get another of and that not funding him to build a legacy and squad and players coming through that will last at least a decade after he leaves, will see their revenues drop off incredibly quickly after his departure

It isn't FSG that have brought us success, as neurotypical business people they won't ever be able to see it that way, but without Jurgen, we'd never have reached the heights we did and it's not even debatable in my view, they simply won't get another manager of his abilities, he's one of the games all time greats, one of the greatest ever given what he's achieved on the 16th lowest net spend in the Premier League - People talk about the Arsenal top four model and how it failed, but they were failing while consistently considerably outspending us before Jurgen and while he has been here

Edit: Very well illustrated by our being 23rd on the list of highest net spends in European football over the past 5 years with a host of Premier League sides who haven't even been making top four in that time spending far more than us, Arsenal having spent well over twice what we have

https://www.90min.com/posts/european-clubs-biggest-net-spend-rankedpsg-manchester-united-city-barcelona
    Agree 100%

I think we should spend on a few more players but the net spend arguement is flawed.

We have decided to spend big on wages to keep our players under the last owners we lost pretty much every main player to a "bigger" club.

I mean Everton/Villa might spend more but anyone with a brain can see their squads are shit compared to ours.

Mind I say this as Barca are lining up Salah Thiago Sterling its international break isnt it so let the BS continue

Personally think the likes of Sterling and Van der beeeek whatever his name is, will end up at newcastle

Those would be the players i'd be targeting for now if I was them.

they should even Sign origi, maybe ox but that's pushing it i'd look elsewhere in Ox's case.