Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter / Summer Windows, what / who do we need? Na

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but we are liable to be a bit short of strikers when the African Cup of Nations, or whatever it's called, is held in January.
    Is Matip still"retired" from internationals?
    It doesn't kick off until 9th Jan so that gives us a whole week to sign one.

Need to get the Chiesa deal done as soon as the window opens
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Keep dreaming ! wouldn't expect anything. don't get your hopes up.

We'll sign a midfielder at least, surely!

I don't understand why Fiorentina loaned him out for 2 years???? surely juve will buy him? I don't get it, money related?

he would be perfect though and in a few years could phase Salah or mane out, we're starting to get a bit of aging squad which is a bit of concern with not much money for transfers, especially in midfield and the ones that aren't that "old" , may aswell be due to injurys.

Just hope the young lads, jones Gordon elliot Clarkson cain etc kick on in the next few years. apparently Sepp van den Berg isn't doing bad for preston, still very young, we'll make some millions on him in the future at least.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th November 2021 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Keep dreaming ! wouldn't expect anything. don't get your hopes up.

We'll sign a midfielder at least, surely!
    I'm not getting my hopes up at all, I don't expect FSG to fork out for the 3 or 4 players to secure our longevity in raking them millions in, 2 or 3 of those players likely falling into the Big Bear and Virgil price category or above, we should have moved for Chiesa before he went to Juve, according to his wiki he's only on a 2 year loan there with an obligation to buy for £45m including add ons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm not getting my hopes up at all, I don't expect FSG to fork out for the 3 or 4 players to secure our longevity in raking them millions in, 2 or 3 of those players likely falling into the Big Bear and Virgil price category or above, we should have moved for Chiesa before he went to Juve, according to his wiki he's only on a 2 year loan there with an obligation to buy for £45m including add ons
    yeah sorry I edited my post while you was replying and basically said the same about Loan.

no chance is he coming to us if juve can buy him for 45m sadly

We're alleged to have inquired/bid when he was at Fiorentina but he ended up choosing Juventus as he had his Heart set on staying in Italy.

Some lads do genuinely wish to stick to their own culture and it's not impossible he is one of them.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We're alleged to have inquired/bid when he was at Fiorentina but he ended up choosing Juventus as he had his Heart set on staying in Italy.

Some lads do genuinely wish to stick to their own culture and it's not impossible he is one of them.
    Seems like most of the english do that, doesn't it? apart from a few, there's been more abroad lately but still not many.

Not sure why you'd want to stay here mind haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

What? He wasn’t a boyhood Liverpool fan???

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not sure why you'd want to stay here mind haha.
    Know the culture, quality of the League is good, money is good and as a nation "we" are rubbish at our foreign languages, so integration into a "foreign" dressing room is a huge ask - just ask Minamino.

I'd like Fabio Carvalho here. Huge potential.

Nkunku is the man another goal today he will fit us and can play 3-4 positions.

Only 23 has CL experience cost about £40m great potential