Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter / Summer Windows, what / who do we need? Na

Bremer definitely VERY interesting, another captain and playing for Torino in Serie A he has what Gomez has always sorely lacked in abundance, plenty of experience of actual real defending, 7m bargain
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I know it’s history now, but it’s fucking maddening that we let Wijnaldum go. I realise, that Elliot was meant to be some kind of replacement (as if), but it really was a brainless decision.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I know it’s history now, but it’s fucking maddening that we let Wijnaldum go. I realise, that Elliot was meant to be some kind of replacement (as if), but it really was a brainless decision.
    You're not fucking kidding, still think a cheeky January bid to take him on loan for the rest of the season as he isn't getting a game at PSG might be a good shout - Good example of needing to be very fucking careful who you choose as your agent and what your priorities as a footballer are, earning as much as possible in what is a very short career, or being a very successful player who plays the game they loves rather than picking up splinters in your backside - He should sack his agent

Be very happy with Vlahovic as well as Chiesa, Rice and Bellwiffingham Time to splash all that cash you've been stashing FSG

Agree with you on the splashing of cash but on the midfield - you should chill out 19.

Simple joke - and like most, based on a truth. If anyone needs to grow up it is you. When things go well it’s because Klopp is doing what you suggest and when they don’t it’s because he is listening to people on the forum.

Come on mate - that is how it reads.

Just relax and accept that times change, players age and the same system does not always work as other teams adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bremer definitely VERY interesting, another captain and playing for Torino in Serie A he has what Gomez has always sorely lacked in abundance, plenty of experience of actual real defending, 7m bargain
    Homegrown quota is something we can't take our eyes off to be fair. We've a couple of English lads who won't be around forever - Milner's contract is running down, Ox looks a player that we could probably do with upgrading upon if we can.

Unless you're thinking injury contingency planning and are keeping Gomez as well, so it's Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Bremer, Gomez with Phillips departing?

Has Gini been mentioned yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Homegrown quota is something we can't take our eyes off to be fair. We've a couple of English lads who won't be around forever - Milner's contract is running down, Ox looks a player that we could probably do with upgrading upon if we can.

Unless you're thinking injury contingency planning and are keeping Gomez as well, so it's Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Bremer, Gomez with Phillips departing?
    Correct no point signing a foreign player to be 4th choice I think alot of fans miss this point.

Its why we got Elliott & Gordon in early probably why the likes of Jones/Gomez are good squad players.

If we said we want Bellingham and Rice we'd have to pay £200m not a chance are we doing that nor are they worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just relax and accept that times change, players age and the same system does not always work as other teams adjust.
    In all honesty, it has nothing to do with that, we needed to evolve and further improve what we already did, some of that with further coaching to fine tune and develop certain aspects of our attacking further, some through recruitment of players with the qualities that complimented our system better, as it was, the system we played for the prior 2 seasons worked absolutely perfectly, without any issue whatsoever at the start of last season, before we lost all our first team CBs to injury, Mane to Covid then long covid and while we still had Gini and Hendo as regulars in our midfield.

City absolutely have adopted numerous aspects of what we did very differently to them to their game and it is what has made them successful again and able to keep clean sheets more regularly than us - so the ill judged quip about system flippantly made by too many really doesn't add up, City won the title last season by playing more like we used to and will likely win it this season playing even more like we used to with most of the evolution we should have done as part of that

We've made an almighty fuck up of trying to evolve further, there was so much that could be done with the full backs and forwards that wasn't even attempted before fucking around with other things and in bringing in a couple of other midfielders who had qualities like Hendo and Gini, with Hendo's quality of switches and to release forwards and full backs, so those balls would be on and able to be played by any of our 3 midfielders, just doing those things would have made us a hell of a lot better, as it is, we have gone a long way backwards and for the first time since he arrived (bar the Fab and Gomez favourites issue), we simply aren't making the best use of the players at our disposal

I genuinely don't see a sustained title challenge from us this season, we could even find ourselves scrapping for top four, as there are gaping holes in how we play to be exploited with how Jurgen's using our players, that already have been exploited costing us 11 points so far - We could win the Champions League and another trophy, the changes aren't evolution, they're bringing about the devolution of a once great side and it's painful

On the note about points dropped, looking at why and how we dropped them, the line about we only won anything because of certain players holds precious little weight either
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th November 2021 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Need to splash the cash on a couple of midfielders who qualify to keep up our homegrown quota, I'd keep Phillips and shift Gomez. we have Neco who will soon qualify, hopefully Millie will join the coaching staff rather than leave and stay on the HG contingent as a player/coach