Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nuno's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You have mentioned viewing Spurs as a threat before and I can perhaps see it 7-10 years from now, but personally I think there's relatively little to fear from them over the next 2-4 seasons or so and if (big if of course) we're consistently remaining in the Champion's League (whilst they aren't) that gap should only get bigger, no?
    Spurs remain a long-term threat, as do any of the big London clubs. The fact that Newcastle have just overtaken them is a great example of how fast the landscape can change.

Following Rafa's sacking and pre 2019 Spurs were mostly above us in the table and often qualifying for the CL while we missed out. That changed after 2/3 years of Klopp and reached a pivotal moment in the summer of 2019.

So on FSG's watch from 2010 - 2021. Spurs have finished below us just 4 times in 12 seasons.

We played them in Madrid and despite the stats showing us as very much second best, we took the prize - Yaay! Naturally, it was a foregone conclusion

Since then Spurs moved Poch on and have presided over a crazy spell that has seen them lose ground. However, they are still aiming for 'top-dog London status and have built in infrastructure whcih means they can catapult themselves like United did with even a relatively small level of success. A long way off right now but it can be achieved. They are a much bigger club than Chelsea and have far more vociferous support than Arsenal. For me they are a club that could be the next to dominate like Fergies United did. It just takes the right man at the helm. They are hugely popular in the media and having the most glamourous home in the capital makes them one to watch. IMO.

But what do I know eh?

I was clearly wrong about being short on CB's before a ball was kicked last season & wrong again on the lack of reliable midfielders we had going into this season..
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st November 2021 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We played them in Madrid and despite the stats showing us as very much second best, we took the prize - Yaay! Naturally, it was a foregone conclusion
    Fracking hell, Steveo.. give us a break

They are in disarray and you're still holding dear to your theory that they are a better run club than ours is. We won that final comfortably - a more comfortable cup final victory of ours I fail to remember. And yet that was peak Klopp, which is supposed to be your explanation for why we are above them. But now even that was some kind of lucky victory he had.

Can't you just admit they have got things wrong in a number of ways, comparatively speaking?

I am dead against fracking BTW.

Quite Obvious Spurs have fooked up Taksin. No argument at all. And I am very pleased about it too. But still see them as a threat.

Again you tell porkies Taksin - I never said they were better run -club than ours. You constantly spread this lie

Sorry, what else do you want me to say.?
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st November 2021 at 06:21 PM.

Again you tell porkies Taksin - I never said they were better run -club than ours. You constantly spread this lie
    you did mate, on more than one occasion. I asked you to name a better run club that ours - excluding the sugar daddies - and you said Spurs and went on about how they've been above us in the table and have a fantastic brand new stadium. Same basic approach to measurement as above (although citing the statistics from the CL final is a new low, to be fair).

Given that you did say that on a few occasions, if it doesn't look that way to you now then you could say you were wrong in your assessment. But by saying they're still a threat, you leave the door open to being proven right. Meanwhile our trajectory has been up during the FSG era, their's hasn't.

(prediction - the FSG era will be reframed as the Klopp era for purposes of argumentation)

Anyway, best wishes to you. Enjoy your dinner
    sincerely
    Taksin x

Stop lying Taksin it is not cool.

Taksin you managed to completely invent something I said as recently as the home game with Brighton.

You suggested that I had claimed “on another day” United could have beaten us - when I said no such thing. It’s there for all to see.

I imagine you are a very busy guy but you need to stop inventing stories to suit your own poor memory.

You say the CL final against Spurs was a comfortable one. Presumably you mean because of the early soft penalty we got? As I have stated the stats are awful. They were wel ahead on every metric and the game was in the balance with a series of stunning saves by Alisson until Origi killed it.

Memory is important - mis quoting people seems to be a theme.

I have come to realise that you are a decent fellow and don’t want to be nasty but have to say once again.

It isn’t cool to say someone said something that they haven’t.

Spurs will never win a trophy by the look of it. we are second in the league having not lost in 25/26 league games.. just 3 points off the top. Looks likely we havee qualified for the next stages of the champions league and 2 game away from the league cup final (thats if its still one game in the semi final) My only worry is the players fitness. I worry we will run out of energy by the new year.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I never said they were better run -club than ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    you did mate, on more than one occasion. I asked you to name a better run club that ours - excluding the sugar daddies - and you said Spurs and went on about how they've been above us in the table and have a fantastic brand new stadium.
    To be fair to Taskin, I have a recollection of your having said something to this effect quite a few times in your long running arguments with him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Offcourse you do 19 (and you have many times done similar)

Plenty on here have said that I stated that I wanted a stadium move. Utter baloney.

Your recollections are of arguments with Taksin and his inventions.

I say I want to stay at Anfield unless we cannot expand - this becomes I want to move to Stanley Park.

I say that Levy has done a better job on the stadium increasing WHL by 26,000 seats to our measly 8,500 increase - this becomes I said Spurs are better run.

I said United could have scored first and it’s a different game - this becomes I said on another day United could have won. You change the words and the meaning gets trashed.

Taksin is repeatedly mis representing what I have said over and over again and it becomes the accepted reality

Not that I am claiming this is in the same league but still

WMD and that bullshit 45 minute claim became the accepted reality for many minions before the Iraq invasion - constant regurgitation of the lie makes those who don’t pay attention believe it or at least “recollect” it as being a thing when it absolutely is not.

The fact is I did state that there was a club better run…at least who I think has far better ownership - And I will state it once again - I would love Roman Abramovic over FSG any day of the week.

And I would do so with bells on - a real football lover with passion for the sport and someone totally committed to his club, despite underhand politically motivated moves to oust him by the 100% trustworthy British Government. Excuse me while I puke.

So for those who want to tell porkies or twist the truth - it ends here. That’s where I stand and where I stood 2 or more years ago when this daft topic arose.