Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nuno's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Since then Spurs moved Poch on and have presided over a crazy spell that has seen them lose ground. However, they are still aiming for 'top-dog London status and have built in infrastructure whcih means they can catapult themselves like United did with even a relatively small level of success. A long way off right now but it can be achieved. They are a much bigger club than Chelsea and have far more vociferous support than Arsenal. For me they are a club that could be the next to dominate like Fergies United did. It just takes the right man at the helm. They are hugely popular in the media and having the most glamourous home in the capital makes them one to watch. IMO.
    Thanks for the breakdown.

I personally don't see it for them for the foreseeable, though certainly accept the landscape can change. They have quite a lot to sort out mind - need more players in the top quality bracket, need a trophy to kick-start them into action, need a couple of seasons in a row of Champion's League football to lure in a couple of players and probably need one of us/Chelsea/City to falter a bit to open up more than what looks like (on paper at least, though as you say, it can quickly change) one available spot for other sides to finish in the Top Four, as ourselves/Chelsea/City have good squads and top Managers simultaneously, while Man United will always be close due to their financial clout and history.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yep United are always a danger due to size and sheer clout. Spurs do have to actually win something first - which looks bloody miles away right now.

Maybe it is my proximity so many annoying Spurs fans that feeds this paranoia but I think they still do have that potential too. The longer this mess continues though, the less likely it looks.

Not confirmed but it looks very much like old tight-arse Levy has managed to get Conte-the-spender..

If so - just how does he do it?

Offcourse you do 19 (and you have many times done similar)

Plenty on here have said that I stated that I wanted a stadium move. Utter baloney.

Your recollections are of arguments with Taksin and his inventions.

I say I want to stay at Anfield unless we cannot expand - this becomes I want to move to Stanley Park.

I say that Levy has done a better job on the stadium increasing WHL by 26,000 seats to our measly 8,500 increase - this becomes I said Spurs are better run.

I said United could have scored first and it’s a different game - this becomes I said on another day United could have won. You change the words and the meaning gets trashed.

Taksin is repeatedly mis representing what I have said over and over again and it becomes the accepted reality

Not that I am claiming this is in the same league but still

WMD and that bullshit 45 minute claim became the accepted reality for many minions before the Iraq invasion - constant regurgitation of the lie makes those who don’t pay attention believe it or at least “recollect” it as being a thing when it absolutely is not.
    Erm, I didn't say I had any recollection of you wanting to move stadium, only that you said Spurs were a better run club Steveo. Saying they are a better run club and citing their state of the art new stadium as part of that, doesn't infer you believe that we should move to a new stadium, not to me at least - I do appreciate how a lot of neurotypical people would make that link and assumption all by themselves, because they often presume I mean something very different to what I post or that I have posted something for reasons other than I have posted it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Not confirmed but it looks very much like old tight-arse Levy has managed to get Conte-the-spender..

If so - just how does he do it?
    Conte is an excellent manager no doubt. But he has a habit of throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way. Levy is going to have to loosen the purse strings otherwise it won't work.

@19

And your “recollection” is wrong and for the very reason I have stated. You have done this before in talk about Henderson. Wrongly recollected what was said and by whom.

Also I wasn’t suggesting you were one of those falsely representing my view on any stadium move.. I said “plenty on here” - this was another example I gave - excluding you, just as the one about the United game was excluding you and squarely aimed at Taksin. In that case you were actually singing from a similar hymn sheet to me.

I simply threw the stadium move in as another example of how my view has been falsely represented by others because it is linked to the real topic and reason why Taksin keeps this bullshit slander going.

This kind of shite happens often on here. It is very tiresome and why the place is dying a death I believe

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Conte is an excellent manager no doubt. But he has a habit of throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way. Levy is going to have to loosen the purse strings otherwise it won't work.
    Yes - surely Conte has been assured a war chest of sorts? Why else go to work under Levy after all?

Certainly the genuine “experts” in here believe them to be totally washed up, finished and a joke.

Still, I would like to think, post Klopp, that we would be able to attract the likes of Jose and Conte were we to find ourselves in a similar state to them.

More often than not managerial appointments don’t work. This is the reality.

I see Newcastle are gonna hire Emery.. That means there 2-1 on relegation is now odds on.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yes - surely Conte has been assured a war chest of sorts? Why else go to work under Levy after all?

Certainly the genuine “experts” in here believe them to be totally washed up, finished and a joke.

Still, I would like to think, post Klopp, that we would be able to attract the likes of Jose and Conte were we to find ourselves in a similar state to them.

More often than not managerial appointments don’t work. This is the reality.
    Yeah think this is spot on.

Conte is a manager for today like Mourinho was he isnt interested in buying for the future.

Its an interesting one as it is so unlike Spurs but the key is Jan and next summer what Levy thinks is competitive budget Conte might not agree.

18 month deal. Both hedging their bets then.
    I'd be amazed if he can bring if them back to where they were in 18 months.
    If both parties are happy then I guess he signs an extension but it would need a huge turnaround and a lot of money because that squad is seriously lacking in pretty much every area aside from Son and Kane up front.