Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressing sessions - Video analysis department

Pressing sessions - Video analysis department

Looking at how poor some of our non regulars and one of our regulars have been in the press this season so far, I think Jurgen and the video analysis team do need to do a substantial intensive series of refresh sessions, because a few clearly don't understand what it is they are supposed to be doing or the philosophy of it

The fabled video analysis team need to get their fucking act together on our attacking set pieces too, we went from being the very best at them, to not having our CB's that made them work as well as they did and never threatening from them, and that has not fucking improved since we've got our players back, it needs sorting out, don't remember us actually scored from a single set piece this season, aside from Mo pens
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Can you get it through your thick skull no team can press for 90 minutes.Teams are allowed to break the press..
    I dunno what you expect Jurgen to do? hand out the steroids like sweeties?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Can you get it through your thick skull no team can press for 90 minutes.Teams are allowed to break the press..
    I dunno what you expect Jurgen to do? hand out the steroids like sweeties?
    It needs refresh sessions 100%, Ox and Jones in paricular expending far FAR more energy and made others expend more than necessary by not pressing properly v Brighton, running more than they needed to and making our other players run more than they needed to through their appalling positioning -

You only need to look at Brighton's first goal in which Jones sprinted 30 yards up to the halfway line, running past the man he should have been pressing so there wasn't a pass on so the press of our forwards was as effective as it should have been were he doing what he should have been - To then sprint back towards our goal 30 yards, AGAIN running past the man he should have been pressing/picking up, into a situation in which one player had nowhere to go because THREE of our players were already there, except for he then got an option because Jones ran to him rather than get with his man, who scored

You must surely understand this, even if you don't understand how the press works or is supposed to, that doing something that makes all of your team have to do far more running and is more mentally draining like letting Brighton get a soft goal back through one player being completely clueless in the press, expends far FAR more mental and physical energy from all our players, or is that a little complex to get into your THICK SKULL, God you're frickin thick dude, don't come here calling me thick skulled when you don't understand that running more than you need to through not pressing properly expends more energy -Jesus fucking wept

This needs a bump also - I really hate being absolutely bang on the money sometimes, why can't those responsible just do their job and fix these glaring issues

Video analysis team has gone to absolute shite, did they bother to analyse West Ham's set pieces and our own as to where and how they might try to exploit us? What on earth happened to their once fabled ability that made us the highest scorers from set pieces and best at defending them prior to last season? People resting on their laurels? Getting caught sucking their own dicks way too early? Getting impaired vision through too much wanking over past achievements as happened to Scholes?

We need to sort our fucking shit out, this and the left side no longer having any attacking threat issue, it's a fucking joke and if our manager and staff can't see opposition teams have been working on our being far from our best at those things to take points of us, they need to have another fucking look

You cant press for 90 minutes. its the facts we try and press so much, that costs us goals.. We play an high line so try and compress the space in the oppositions half. Nothing wrong with dropping off and allowing a team to play infront of you for a change. Its not a matter of getting the press wrong. Its a matter of not needing to do it all the time.

You cant press for 90 minutes. its the facts we try and press so much, that costs us goals.. We play an high line so try and compress the space in the oppositions half. Nothing wrong with dropping off and allowing a team to play infront of you for a change. Its not a matter of getting the press wrong. Its a matter of not needing to do it all the time.
    You don't understand the pressing and counter pressing Justme, no offence, it isn't a dig, it's simply a fact, every post you make about it shows beyond any doubt whatsoever you haven't a clue how it should be played, needs to be played and what makes it work at it's very best - It isn't about running more, sprinting several yards, it is about awareness, reading of the game, positioning yourself off our other players, knowing when staying with you man is the right thing, going with your man is the right thing and actually running far FAR less than the opposition while consistently being able to take the ball off them in the centre and their own half - If it is done right, you run at lot less than the other team

No offence? your fking obsessed with pressing the ball.. look where it gets us? you hav to ACCEPT sometimes the opposition can out pressure you.. You know there are 2 teams out there??

No offence? your fking obsessed with pressing the ball.. look where it gets us? you hav to ACCEPT sometimes the opposition can out pressure you.. You know there are 2 teams out there??
    Lol way to illustrate the point i made in my previous point, pressing and counter pressing and being the best at it is an absolutely integral part of how Jurgen has our team play and built our team/squad. I'm not obsesses with it, I try to discuss it because it is absolutely fundamental to this squad realising their potential and our aspirations because it is a huge part of how we play and without it, we wouldn't have won a Champions League or league title

Its amazing how when we win games ITS your way of winning right.. and we lose its someones else way.
    When we WON the league we were very negative at times and didnt press hs high as we are now.. we went with a solid 3 in midfield and a strong back line. it was our defensive set up that won us the league. i honestly can remember us playing our centre backs on the half way line.. Trying to press in the oppositions half is what is causing a lot of issuses for us when it comes to defending.
    West-Ham had it right against us. Dropped off in numbers then waited until we over "pressed" in numbers then ran us through us like a knife through butter

Its amazing how when we win games ITS your way of winning right.. and we lose its someones else way.
    When we WON the league we were very negative at times and didnt press hs high as we are now.. we went with a solid 3 in midfield and a strong back line. it was our defensive set up that won us the league. i honestly can remember us playing our centre backs on the half way line.. Trying to press in the oppositions half is what is causing a lot of issuses for us when it comes to defending.
    West-Ham had it right against us. Dropped off in numbers then waited until we over "pressed" in numbers then ran us through us like a knife through butter
    Lol, they had 3 proper chances all game, 2 of them from set pieces and scored all 3, letting in soft goals from set pieces for 2 of the goals doesn't really stack up with your 'recollection' of the actual game, your knee jerk and reinvention of what actually happened in the game after any set back always crack me up

And again, check the stats of our title winning season, so many games when we restricted the opposition to virtually no attempts on goal or possession in our half of the pitch, I'm not one for stats usually, but in the numerous game the opposition managed zero or only one or two or three at most attempts on target, the defensive stats reveal that it wasn't getting as far as our defence, and they were virtually spectators in over half of our games