Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressing sessions - Video analysis department

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Yeah,, they were celebrating as though they had won a trophy.
    Feed the scousers coming from the Nice of the midlands.

Anyone been to Leicester it is a shithole!

I absolutely EXPECT work to be in on the training ground and with the video analysis team in these 2 weeks on our fucking pressing, getting a new midfielder in asap to be part of that work would we great also

No fucking slacking, if we want to finish this season as strongly and as well as possible and get the quadruple done, we need to be working hard tactically and positionally in there 2 weeks to make sure we're a lot fucking better in the remainder of the season in our collective press and counter press than we have been in the last season and a half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Worth a bump, still really needs serious attention, we played the line that high in 19-20 and conceded nothing like that amount of chances for opposition sides, because the press and counter press in 19-20 was much MUCH better

It is completely unnecessary for it to have become as problematic as it has and be allowing opposition players too many opportunities to try and release players with no pressure on the ball.

The main difference in 19-20 was when we were attacking, trying to pass through, our players were almost always defending while attacking, rather than getting ahead of players and moving into space as they do now, they were staying in very good pressing and counter pressing positions and the right side of their players until a point came in the attack when they could be involved or the attack needed them to be involved, when they would move ahead of them to receive the ball

Playing with that level of discipline and awareness was also how we won so many second balls so consistently

I still think the sloppiness needs addressing, the high line isn't what has changed, it's the amount of times an opposition player is now allowed to try and find a players run with no pressure on the ball, I do think against the very best opposition we should drop our line a little, as our press and counter press isn't even approaching the levels it was at in 18-20 so we are going to give a top top side too many opportunities to look to play players in without having pressure on the ball if we play as high

Well, that was more like it first half v City today, barely played any football until the end of that half, pressed and counter pressed them into submission, excellent job, did cause ourselves a few problems second half starting to think we could out football them and relaxing the press somewhat

Well, that was a lot better, the best I've seen it since 2019-2020 when Fab was out

It looked for all the world like the video analysis department had dug out the 4m video of Lucas I mentioned when he was an absolutely pressing machine all on his own and shown that to all our players

Bump

Jurgen and the rest of our staff need to have a word with themselves, this is the third successive season after we won the league I am having to post about this

It is not fucking good enough, they need to do their fucking jobs and put the time in and devise appropriate drills and sessions so this vital aspect of our game is performed to increasingly higher levels and at the very least to the levels of our previous best

Mark my words, if our staff get their act together, stop sucking on their own cocks or wanking over past glories and do their jobs in this area, we will again be talking about what an incredible attacking player Trent is, he'll never be the greatest defender, but right now we're giving every team time and space in every position throughout every game to try and target him, not fucking good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looking at how poor some of our non regulars and one of our regulars have been in the press this season so far, I think Jurgen and the video analysis team do need to do a substantial intensive series of refresh sessions, because a few clearly don't understand what it is they are supposed to be doing or the philosophy of it

The fabled video analysis team need to get their fucking act together on our attacking set pieces too, we went from being the very best at them, to not having our CB's that made them work as well as they did and never threatening from them, and that has not fucking improved since we've got our players back, it needs sorting out, don't remember us actually scored from a single set piece this season, aside from Mo pens

Bump again

No-one can say I haven't been warning about our impending doom and the reasons for it since 2020

It's all here, I could pull another 4 or 5 threads from 2020 before we were crowned champions right through to present including last season