Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Atletico Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Agree with everyone else get Origi or Minamino on for Mane
    Know this shout may raise an eyebrow, but I'd get Robbo on and have him and Tsimi as the left-back and left-forward for a half. It's an "experiment" I have wanted to see for a bit now and we'll rarely get an opportunity as good as this in terms of how big a safety net we have for qualifying from the group.

Interesting 1st half ( refs having a game to forget but then they are dirty pricks )....worthy 2-0 up here...but maybe make a few changes before someone gets hurt out there...
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hendo getting on his own nerves now.
    Yeah, shit ball that one, fucked a couple up, but released Mo and Mane 3 times in quick succession when both should have done much much better and really worked the space and opposition positions well to then feed Trent in acres to deliver for both goals, so a good half by him overall for me, his intelligence and understanding of the game really shining through, covering the centre really well when Fab's getting excited steaming up the pitch too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Great half. Sadio really looking very close to his best. Found that pass not played by mo infuriating because it would have sealed the game. We’ve not been guilty of that yet before this season. Need too keep going now

Miinie meano for Sadio. Not only because he’s on a yellow but they have kicked him from pillar to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Know this shout may raise an eyebrow, but I'd get Robbo on and have him and Tsimi as the left-back and left-forward for a half. It's an "experiment" I have wanted to see for a bit now and we'll rarely get an opportunity as good as this in terms of how big a safety net we have for qualifying from the group.
    Klopp would never go for that.

Remember how he scoffed at idea of Southgate using Trent as a midfielder in the national team?

He doesn't like playing defenders as pure attacking players or as midfielders - unlike the other way around, where he's used midfielders (Milly, Hendo, Fabby) as defenders plenty.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

To make sure Ath-Madrid dont get through to the next round. put the under 5s out for the game against Porto!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Ox is looking decent. If he could maintain that level he would be an asset.

Get mane off. As others have said he will either get sent off or injured.
    Get mó off as well. Keep them fresh for the weekend and safe from AM.

Game management is key here. No need to go sprinting all ove the place for the half.

Second half imminent, come the fuck on Liverpool, be a bit better this half, control and manage this brilliantly and nick a couple more if you can and give a few a good few minutes rest when Jurgen's happy it's well beyond Atletico
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Klopp would never go for that.
    Yeah he wouldn't

Still, a man can dream.

Klopp actually was asked if he could coach any player from the age of 20 all over again (hypothetical/time machine) from Mainz it would be Voronin. Felt he had the talent but was "too nice" in his mentality.

Interesting one - Voronin I always recalled having a good through ball on him, but not much else.