Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home win v Atletico Postmatch discussion

Home win v Atletico Postmatch discussion

4 games, 4 wins and we are qualified for KO football as group toppers, let's see what it brings

A really good performance imo, Salah had a me moment, Matip unlucky not to score & assists, Mane bizarrely a red card concern for being fouled and an Atleti red card.
    Dropped off towards the middle of the second half before sparking a bit at the end.

Some stats I think are worth keeping in mind from tonight's game.

Tackles & Intercepts:
    Jota 6, Trent 5, Ox 5, Fab 4
    Hendo 3, Salah & Thiago 2 each

Key passes:
    Trent 4, Tsimi 4, Fab 2,
    Jota, Salah, Hendo, Thiago & Matip all 1

Dribbles:
    Salah 6, Ox 5, Mane 3
    Tsimi, Thiago & Jota 1

TwoAssistsArnold the whoscored motm statistically.

Ox second highest player ratings, ahead of Jota.

Mane loses out on the algorithm from having come off at half-time, he looked really sharp in that first half

If sids birdwatching eyes are right hopefully Bobby will be alright and just a bad bang to the ribs. Any word on Bobby ?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1592120/Live/Europe-Champions-League-2021-2022-Liverpool-Atletico-Madrid

Impressed with Matip. Again.
    Fabinho played well.
    Trent MOTM.
    Tsimikas hardly put a foot wrong, Robbo has some competition.

Aye, only draw back was Bobby.

Klopp saying something in his hamstring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2d88VW3zcs4

Klopp & Co's LFC have matched Paisley's 25 games unbeaten, Kenny had two 24 game runs.

Kudos Klopp

Not bad - wouldn’t kick him outta bed.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Some stats I think are worth keeping in mind from tonight's game.

Tackles & Intercepts:
    Jota 6, Trent 5, Ox 5, Fab 4
    Hendo 3, Salah & Thiago 2 each

Key passes:
    Trent 4, Tsimi 4, Fab 2,
    Jota, Salah, Hendo, Thiago & Matip all 1
    Lol, love to know how the fuck they are defining key passes, I don't generally pay attention to the stats produced by sites like these for that reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol, love to know how the fuck they are defining key passes, I don't generally pay attention to the stats produced by sites like these for that reason
    There's no way you'd give Fab 2 key passes 😂😂

A delight to see Ox play well, especially as he is one of the lowest on my list of midfielders in terms of keep v sell. He's always had quality, but inconsistent performances and some fitness/injury issues mean others are ahead of him for me.

He was great. Would be ideal if he can have a few good performances in a row. Get West Ham under us then we have an international break that to get a midfielder or two back and before you know it we have Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Ox and Jones all available with Keita and Milner nearing a return.

I know they were down to 10 and ultimately he didn't score, but Salah made a mug of some of their players on that right-hand side a few times last night, just a delight to see a player so full of confidence.

Trent looking back to his best, Henderson and Trent at it in terms of chemistry, Thiago looking very smooth besides the sloppy give-away, Tsimikas was great, Matip great, Van Dijk hopefully another step closer to the peak of his powers (and what a thunderbolt of a shot by the way!) - it's just so nice to have so many good things to say and I haven't even mentioned Jota or Mane there.

Really good times. Also loving our habit this season of managing a win after every draw - we aren't wilting in that sense. Would of course be ideal to cut the draws out but for having a "Group of Death" in Europe and having already played Chelsea, Man City and Man United in the League we're hardly doing terribly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I missed the game as i've had 4 hours sleep in 2 days so was in bed by 8 ready for work at 6 this morning, and...... went in and got offered a day holiday great.. eh?

Thanks for the writeups

I'm rather amazed we didn't let any in, after against brighton and we've not been as solid lately, great result didn't expect 2-0.

Consdering I thought we had a hard group.... just wow can't remember us qualifying this easy?

We normally do it the hard way, or have us worried a bit at least

how boring, haha