Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home win v Atletico Postmatch discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Consdering I thought we had a hard group.... just wow can't remember us qualifying this easy?

We normally do it the hard way, or have us worried a bit at least

how boring, haha
    I luvs the boring...

Its been a great achievement in a tough group. I did not see it coming either. As Sid said, it is good to see OX actually perform in a game and a big one too.

I have been bricking it since the summer that our midfield could be in tatters by Christmas, and while it could still happen, this early qualification in top spot - goes a long way to easing that concern..

Ox played well I thought last night.

His issue is getting a run of games together he hasnt been able to as he is either injured or our best options are available.

I think he starts Sunday if he holds up in training

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol, love to know how the fuck they are defining key passes, I don't generally pay attention to the stats produced by sites like these for that reason
    A pass leading to a shot. What site are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A pass leading to a shot. What site are you using ?
    Is there a stat that assessed the pass leading to the final pass or the pass that breaks the opponent’s press. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Ox played well I thought last night.

His issue is getting a run of games together he hasnt been able to as he is either injured or our best options are available.

I think he starts Sunday if he holds up in training
    Agreed. Having Fab back makes a massive difference. The side looks better balanced with him in the middle and Hendo on the right.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Consdering I thought we had a hard group.... just wow can't remember us qualifying this easy?

We normally do it the hard way, or have us worried a bit at least

how boring, haha
    Using your "boring" as a segue, I know I harp on about it too much periodically and it wasn't the case (on paper) this season as we got a tough group, but the aim to qualify this smoothly is a major factor in my being so invested in the club co-efficient.

Higher seeding and being in Pot 1 or Pot 2 will,more often than not, mean an easier group, which in turn should lead to easier qualification, which in turn places less stress on us in terms of juggling multiple comps.

I do think we'll go strong against AC Milan as we have never won at the San Siro and it's nice to keep adding to the lore of the club's tapestry, but a "weakened" side against Porto would be a great chance to get some players game time without do-or-die pressure on them.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is there a stat that assessed the pass leading to the final pass or the pass that breaks the opponent’s press. Stuff like that.
    Probably, haven't seen it but it will be counted somewhere off the pass before the assist stat that sky often trot out amongst others.

There's a packing stat on passes which measures the number of players taken out by the pass. Not sure if there's one that exactly measures the pass that breaks the opponents press, there probably is on the databases you have to pay for.

The opta site can have a few of those types iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Using your "boring" as a segue, I know I harp on about it too much periodically and it wasn't the case (on paper) this season as we got a tough group, but the aim to qualify this smoothly is a major factor in my being so invested in the club co-efficient.

Higher seeding and being in Pot 1 or Pot 2 will,more often than not, mean an easier group, which in turn should lead to easier qualification, which in turn places less stress on us in terms of juggling multiple comps.

I do think we'll go strong against AC Milan as we have never won at the San Siro and it's nice to keep adding to the lore of the club's tapestry, but a "weakened" side against Porto would be a great chance to get some players game time without do-or-die pressure on them.
    We have won at San Siro a few times but against Inter Milan.

I dont think we should go strong at all Alisson Trent VVD Salah Mane should be nowhere near these games.

Klopp made the error of using Jota last year dont repeat it if Salah got injured in one of those games it potentially ends our season.

We have fringe players and youngsters use them in what are not pressure games for us result wise.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We have won at San Siro a few times but against Inter Milan.

I dont think we should go strong at all Alisson Trent VVD Salah Mane should be nowhere near these games.

Klopp made the error of using Jota last year dont repeat it if Salah got injured in one of those games it potentially ends our season.

We have fringe players and youngsters use them in what are not pressure games for us result wise.
    Absolute madness to play any of the first team lads.

Defeats the benefit of qualifying (and finishing top) with two games to spare.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Don't think Klopp has ever been to the San Siro before. So squad health permitting think he be more keen to win that one.
    I'd expect to see more rotation v Porto at Anfield.