Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home win v Atletico Postmatch discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Don't think Klopp has ever been to the San Siro before. So squad health permitting think he be more keen to win that one.
    I'd expect to see more rotation v Porto at Anfield.
    His recent comments suggest that the teams will be strong. I'd think there will be some rotation but I wouldnt expect to see youth players playing. He also mentioned financial implications of winning CL games. So it sounds like the teams he puts out will be strong.
    Hopefully just bullsh*t to the press.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We have won at San Siro a few times but against Inter Milan.
    Quite right - Inter playing there, for whatever reason, is something that never, ever sticks to my Brain.

But yes, beating AC Milan at San Siro, especially given how limited time is on that stadium, would be nice to add to the tapestry. One more scalp.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    He also mentioned financial implications of winning CL games. So it sounds like the teams he puts out will be strong.
    Hopefully just bullsh*t to the press.
    Whilst it isn't a massive amount of cash in the grand scheme of £50m+ transfer fees, you get about €2.8m per group stage win - so winning those last two games could add €5.6m - pays about half of Salah's current annual salary, or could be the classic "extra cash to get a deal over the line" or could bring a talented youth prospect in - Gomez cost less and Elliott didn't cost much more, so can understand feeling incentivised to field decent teams.

I'd emphasise "decent" though - maybe 5 or 6 from the first XI and pad it out - we shouldn't have to go full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is there a stat that assessed the pass leading to the final pass or the pass that breaks the opponent’s press. Stuff like that.
    No there isn't, that's why it's a nonsense, you'd need all kinds of stats to properly analyse our players performances and any football game, the stats they use aren't meaningful, something I've always believed as far as key passes go, is the pass before an assist or ball played that creates a great chance is a key pass, it is to me, it has always been to me. Successful presses and positioning leading to an interception or tackle, successful runs to create the opportunity for a run too etc etc etc
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Simple analysis of the stats reveal they are a nonsense also

Key passes:
    Trent 4, Tsimi 4, Fab 2,
    Jota, Salah, Hendo, Thiago & Matip all 1

ok, in that game, not one of our players missed an sitter, except for Jota from Tsimikas' cross, so for a pass leading to a shot being a 'key pass' there's surely got to be quality control, just because a player has a shot doesn't mean the pass was key to it, the pass might well be over hit or played to late allowing the defender to block or forcing our player to have to try and take it on in a ridiculous position, sorry, but that isn't a key pass

In last nights game we had 6 shots on target and 6 blocked and the one sitter Jota missed, that's 13 key passes in total, although arguably not as the shots might have been blocked because the pass wasn't good enough or the player was swamped and had no option so just took on a speculative shot with little chance of success, but that site has our players having made 15 key passes in total, they pertinently weren't 15 'key passes' in that game from our players

For your amusement, I saw this on Twitter.

Seven years ago tonight. Amazing that we only lost 1-0. Not sure what Brendan was smoking.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It lists Matip's pass as a key pass, but his pass was a fraction too late, meaning Jota was a fraction offside, so, it's pertinently not a key pass - being another good example of how misleading that sites stats and analysis is - there analysis is that it was a key pass leading to a shot on goal, even though it was played too late and the player was offside, sorry, that's just ridiculous, no quality control

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It lists Matip's pass as a key pass, but his pass was a fraction too late, meaning Jota was a fraction offside, so, it's pertinently not a key pass - being another good example of how misleading that sites stats and analysis is - there analysis is that it was a key pass leading to a shot on goal, even though it was played too late and the player was offside, sorry, that's just ridiculous, no quality control
    Looking at the timeline it appears Matips key pass (a pass that leads to a shot) led to Virgils solitary shot of the game.

Jotas 3 recorded shots occurred before Matip provided his key pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Simple analysis of the stats reveal they are a nonsense also

Key passes:
    Trent 4, Tsimi 4, Fab 2,
    Jota, Salah, Hendo, Thiago & Matip all 1

ok, in that game, not one of our players missed an sitter, except for Jota from Tsimikas' cross, so for a pass leading to a shot being a 'key pass' there's surely got to be quality control, just because a player has a shot doesn't mean the pass was key to it, the pass might well be over hit or played to late allowing the defender to block or forcing our player to have to try and take it on in a ridiculous position, sorry, but that isn't a key pass

In last nights game we had 6 shots on target and 6 blocked and the one sitter Jota missed, that's 13 key passes in total, although arguably not as the shots might have been blocked because the pass wasn't good enough or the player was swamped and had no option so just took on a speculative shot with little chance of success, but that site has our players having made 15 key passes in total, they pertinently weren't 15 'key passes' in that game from our players
    It says we had 19 shots in the game
    6 shots on target
    7 shots off target
    And 6 blocked.

You don't always get an assist with a goal scored, and you don't always get a key pass when a shot is taken.
    But key passes can equal the number of shots taken.

It says 15 key passes from 19 shots taken.
    Last edited by CCTV; 5th November 2021 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    For your amusement, I saw this on Twitter.

Seven years ago tonight. Amazing that we only lost 1-0. Not sure what Brendan was smoking.

Wow that really does make you think.

we did great considering the team we had to be honest.