Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435

Thread: Match thread: West Ham v Liverpool

Klopp needs a tactician next to him in the dug out who can spot the problem and tweak the strategy to compensate....he has never really been able to do that IMO

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Klopp needs a tactician next to him in the dug out who can spot the problem and tweak the strategy to compensate....he has never really been able to do that IMO
    I know just the man 🤣🤣🤣

Robertson has been absolute shite going forwards all season.
    Every cross besides that single lobbed effort hits the opposition or worse.
    But klopp has his fave lads.

With hindsight I wonder if we’d have been better starting with Phillips to deal with the aerial balls, and maybe Origi to add some much needed physical presence up front. It felt like we were bullied off the ball all over the pitch. Unfortunately we don’t have a strong midfielder. It does seem like we only have Plan A.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    With hindsight I wonder if we’d have been better starting with Phillips to deal with the aerial balls, and maybe Origi to add some much needed physical presence up front. It felt like we were bullied off the ball all over the pitch. Unfortunately we don’t have a strong midfielder. It does seem like we only have Plan A.
    Thought the same after the Brentford game. Matip isn't very good with the physical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    He does like his 433 setup and we have players that when its their day can destroy anyone.

But in recent games I've seen oppositions are stacking their midfields with bodies and width. It sniffles our play this medium style block. It's allowing our central defensive unit to be gotten at too easy.

Klopps 433 essentialy allows our front 3 more freedom and presently only one of our traditional front 3 is playing in around his level.

Even on his bad days Salah injects quality on the ball. Mane yesterday was shocking on the ball all game, poor touch, hesitant on the ball and never added his quality on the ball. Compared with his form on Wednesday, you'd swear they were different players.

For me 4231 would fix a lot of our problems in open play. We'd play more compact, boost our midfield with bodies and break better.

Defending set pieces needs a bit of crafty innovation, but addressing yesterday's ones shouldn't be too hard.

It was a bad and unlucky day at the office against a very strong West Ham. Thought Klopp was pretty much spot on post-match. It was always going to be tough after dispatching Atletico so well. It's the first loss in an age and it is a total bummer, just hope they can use it to start another run.

The foul on Alisson, while probably soft if given - IS - what we see given time and time again. Double standards?

That fear about the midfield is starting to look more and more rational. We need some luck on that front now.