Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (after international break)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    We lost a game of football, for reasons and through issues I have been trying to discuss here and got rubbished for trying to discuss - There is a thread on both the pressing and on the absence of any genuine and consistent attacking threat down our left hand side and teams exploiting those issues to take points off us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We lost a game of football, for reasons and through issues I have been trying to discuss here and got rubbished for trying to discuss - There is a thread on both the pressing and on the absence of any genuine and consistent attacking threat down our left hand side and teams exploiting those issues to take points off us
    But none on Big Ali ?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    But none on Big Ali ?
    Why a thread on Big Bear? Because he had one bad game and our video analysis team that hasn't done its job since the 19-20 season didn't analyse how and where we'd need to protect him better at set pieces?

    All players have a bad game now and then, Alisson has made numerous top class interventions to make sure we got 3 points or a point from games we otherwise would have lost already this season, if our video analysis team got back to doing its job properly and trying to be top of the league it its allege specialist field and put together a good analysis of the pressing and counter pressing to educate our players together wither training sessions, we wouldn't have to rely on Big Bear saving us so frequently.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,310
    Its ok blaming people behind the scenes but its only 11 players who can really sort it.

    You like me have no idea what they are being told plus a player has less than a secomd to make a decision you have the hindsight of replays and watching highlights.

    Fact is City are clearly the better team/squad in the league our best bet is winning a title every 5-7 years that is how it is.

    Tactics only get you so far if you have an endless pot of money it makes the job far easier that is REALITY.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its ok blaming people behind the scenes but its only 11 players who can really sort it.

    You like me have no idea what they are being told plus a player has less than a secomd to make a decision you have the hindsight of replays and watching highlights.

    Fact is City are clearly the better team/squad in the league our best bet is winning a title every 5-7 years that is how it is.

    Tactics only get you so far if you have an endless pot of money it makes the job far easier that is REALITY.
    Yep. Pepe has wasted 100s of million in flops. His club and Chelsea havent had to worry out income lost to covid either.
    Leader of all..master of none..

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why a thread on Big Bear? Because he had one bad game and our video analysis team that hasn't done its job since the 19-20 season didn't analyse how and where we'd need to protect him better at set pieces?

    All players have a bad game now and then, Alisson has made numerous top class interventions to make sure we got 3 points or a point from games we otherwise would have lost already this season, if our video analysis team got back to doing its job properly and trying to be top of the league it its allege specialist field and put together a good analysis of the pressing and counter pressing to educate our players together wither training sessions, we wouldn't have to rely on Big Bear saving us so frequently.
    If he hadn't of been flapping about then you wouldn't of needed to worry about pressing and a poor left hand side.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If he hadn't of been flapping about then you wouldn't of needed to worry about pressing and a poor left hand side.
    I would Ian, because we have already dropped 8 points this season because of those issues, this result was coming because they haven't been addressed.

    Brighton packed their left to successfully nullify our right and were actually far more deserving of taking 3 points off us on the balance of play than West Ham today. Justme kicks off about pressing involving too much running - Brighton's first goal, their lad was in midfield on Jones side of the pitch, in the build up to that goal Jones ran 60 yards, failed to pick him up, despite charging past him twice and he scored - If Jones was educated properly on how to press, you know, trained and educated on how do do it properly, with some assistance from the video analysis team, he could have run a maximum of 10 yards to pick his man up and block the line of the ball to Trossard at the same time and that goal doesn't happen
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I would Ian, because we have already dropped 8 points this season because of those issues, this result was coming because they haven't been addressed.

    Brighton packed their left to successfully nullify our right and were actually far more deserving of taking 3 points off us on the balance of play than West Ham today. Justme kicks off about pressing involving too much running - Brighton's first goal, their lad was in midfield on Jones side of the pitch, in the build up to that goal Jones ran 60 yards, failed to pick him up, despite charging past him twice and he scored - If Jones was educated properly on how to press, you know, trained and educated on how do do it properly, with some assistance from the video analysis team, he could have run a maximum of 10 yards to pick his man up and block the line of the ball to Trossard at the same time and that goal doesn't happen
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda !!
    If we had taken our guilt edge chances in front of goal that would've helped as well.
    With most goals scored against you could pick holes in the defending. Personally I think you're looking far too much into it.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda !!
    If we had taken our guilt edge chances in front of goal that would've helped as well.
    With most goals scored against you could pick holes in the defending. Personally I think you're looking far too much into it.
    On the balance of chances and the chances taken, Mane should have scored a brace today, I do wonder what the fuck our video analysis team do or have been doing with their time, in 19-20 we had the best record at scoring from and defending set pieces, because they were doing their job, we aren't creating any kind of issue for opposition defences from almost all our corners now and we are not defending set pieces as well as we should be.

    For their second goal, it was a culmination of errors, poor choice of pass by Fab, poor decision making by the defence, Virgil goes with Antonio, Matip steps up, but look where Bowen picks the ball up, we had 3 players right by him, 99% of the time any one of the 3 players so close to Bowen at every other Premier League club take a yellow there, Ox, Fab and Robbo could all have taken a yellow there, no goal, it's what every other team does
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    On the balance of chances and the chances taken, Mane should have scored a brace today, I do wonder what the fuck our video analysis team do or have been doing with their time, in 19-20 we had the best record at scoring from and defending set pieces, because they were doing their job, we aren't creating any kind of issue for opposition defences from almost all our corners now and we are not defending set pieces as well as we should be.

    For their second goal, it was a culmination of errors, poor choice of pass by Fab, poor decision making by the defence, Virgil goes with Antonio, Matip steps up, but look where Bowen picks the ball up, we had 3 players right by him, 99% of the time any one of the 3 players so close to Bowen at every other Premier League club take a yellow there, Ox, Fab and Robbo could all have taken a yellow there, no goal, it's what every other team does
    It was awful from at least 5 players as you say.

Similar Threads

  1. International Break Bollix
    By miller0863 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 14th October 2021, 11:35 PM
  2. International Break
    By miller0863 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 3rd April 2021, 10:19 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th March 2021, 02:42 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th November 2020, 04:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2020, 07:10 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •