Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (after international break)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Curtis Jones is still a number of weeks away from returning to action due to 'freak' eye injury suffered in training a fortnight ago... but Liverpool insist 'there is no lasting damage'
    I hope not. Momo sissoko was never the same after his eye injury

Number of weeks for a poke in the eye.

Jesus wept we are a joke on fitness and conditioning, absolute joke.

how's he getting freak eye injury in training ffs

So it looks like:

Allison
    Taa
    Matip
    Virgil
    Tsimikas

Fabinho
    Ox
    Thiago

Salah
    Jota
    Origi

Maybe morton or gordon to get some minutes. This international break has been a fucking disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    how's he getting freak eye injury in training ffs
    he didnt wear his blinkers like horses do,thats where the promble occured
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hendo was pictured in the training photos

So best available 11

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Keita Henderson Thiago

Salah Jota Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Who scored preview:

Scoreline:
    Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal

Team news:

Curtis Jones has been ruled out for a few more weeks with a freak eye injury, while Roberto Firmino is also sidelined here.

Sadio Mane has trained with Liverpool this week after an injury scare for Senegal during the break.

Andrew Robertson came off injured for Scotland at the start of the week and is a big doubt here. Kostas Tsimikas is on standby.

Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Naby Keita and Joe Gomez are all doubts for Liverpool this weekend.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549652/Preview/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Liverpool-Arsenal

Their guess at our start 11:

Alison
    Trent Matip VVD Tsimi
    Hendo Fab Thiago
    Salah Jota Mane

Whilst we face some challenges in this match - a little wobble before the international break, the injury list, Arsenal having a mini-revival it might be a good idea to step away from things like recency bias, momentum or confidence levels and take some encouragement from the numbers.

Arsenal have scored 13 goals in 11 Premier League games this season. We've scored 31 in the same number of matches.

They have also conceded 13 goals in those 11 games, whereas we have conceded 11.

If our available lads show up and give it 100% then things don't look too shabby in our favour. If I had to put my neck out, I'd say a really hard-fought 2-1 win to us, with them scoring first, is having a poor first half, equaliser around the 65th-70th, a push to get a second, then an anxious last few minutes as we try to play keep-ball but one or two of our lads misplace passes due to crowd nerves.

Not long to wait now. What will be will be. No manager, ground, group of players or set of fans I'd rather place faith in though, so let's not feel deflated.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    take some encouragement from the numbers.

Arsenal have scored 13 goals in 11 Premier League games this season. We've scored 31 in the same number of matches.

They have also conceded 13 goals in those 11 games, whereas we have conceded 11.
    I am pretty sure those stat's for arsenal are all due to early season where they conceded tons, ie. vs city.
    In the past 1-2 months they have been pretty tight at the back, while we have been the opposite.

Our midfield has been poor with ox and Curtis recently and if either plays they could Dominate there, or at least cut through them on the break. We also can't have an apparently not fully fit robbo wasting the left side of the team.

The thought of a 'crisis' club jumping ahead of us is certainly possible and I am scared, frankly.

Like the WH game I have bad feeling about this game and us in general at the moment. Not sure why but I'm feeling a wobble coming on.
    Totally on board with what Toshin is saying. The midfield is the issue but some of us felt it would be, not enough quality but let's not tread over old ground again.
    Last edited by teesred; 19th November 2021 at 07:57 AM.