Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well my impression of the game was we never reached our 100% level once in the game.

We have an Alisson own goal, the one where we've said one of 3 of our boys should take bowen out, another off a set piece.
    They hit the Post and VVD did his best to keep the scoreline respectable in the second half as I saw it. We could possibly have scored more via Mane, who had a very poor night.

I'd say they defended better and were more active in defending when we scored, than vice versa. We conceded off 2 corners they had and it didn't look like our lads contested the ball at all. 11 fouls v 6 to them, amazingly only one booking for them.

I wouldn't say we are often outfought. But this season the mentality doesn't look up to where it was in previous seasons.
    I'd also say we aren't setting up to best take advantage of the players we have at our disposal.
    Don't think our best 11 players all fit work best in Klopps 433. Don't think it gets the best value out of our squad either.
    Getting in Bremer in January giving us the depth and quality to play 343 on occasion as a second formation is a vastly superior use of our players than your 4231 will ever be, all 3 of those CBs are all excellent with the ball as well as at defending too, Bremer adds a further goal threat at set pieces also, very mobile at corners and bags his fair share

Alisson

Konate/Matip Virgil Bremer

Trent Henderson Fabinho Tsimikas

Salah Bobby/Jota Mane/Jota
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That Juventus lad Dejan Kulusevski we're being linked with also fits into either 433 or 343 at he plays RFWD False 9 or 10
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe being out, and having a rest will do bobby a world of good, here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe being out, and having a rest will do bobby a world of good, here's hoping
    According to you he should be well rested going by the past 18 months 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Getting in Bremer in January giving us the depth and quality to play 343 on occasion as a second formation is a vastly superior use of our players than your 4231 will ever be, all 3 of those CBs are all excellent with the ball as well as at defending too, Bremer adds a further goal threat at set pieces also, very mobile at corners and bags his fair share

Alisson

Konate/Matip Virgil Bremer

Trent Henderson Fabinho Tsimikas

Salah Bobby/Jota Mane/Jota
    Think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Can't see Klopp adding another CB in January. He's got 5 available presently.

Klopps only ever really used a back 3 system to see games out in the latter/final minutes.
    He played a back 3 system v Brighton once, a 5-1 win with Gini & Emre flanking Lovren in a 3421. 4231 has been a much more common alternative for him.

Couldn't say a 343 won't work, I don't have your certainty on matters. But I do think a 343 fails to utilise our squads talents, or get our best 11 on the pitch.

If we sign another cb I’ll be fuming

It's a interesting post and idea 19x but I don't think klopp would ever change his system that much or try something that different, the biggest and only change klopp seems to do is playing firmino as a AMC which has happened a couple of times, very rare though, apart from that it's the same old.

And eggy, wouldn't you even want to recall Ben davies?? how could you be fuming if we did that,! best CB!!