Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby

Bobby

Love Bobby, he's been absolutely brilliant, still rate him a lot higher than most here seem to, and think he and Jota are both fantastic options against different opposition and Jota's also an excellent option to play the Mane role in a different but effective way.

Bobby's brilliance has waned in the past season and a half being perfectly fair and honest, but the worry is now he has had his first major hamstring injury, which has been followed by another no long after and not too much game time after returning to action

Sad to say, and hard to say, but Bobby may well have to be one of the players we move on next summer, it might not happen, but I can see there is a case for it happening, but the case would depend on FSG backing Jurgen to replace top quality with better and as they're unlikely to do that on the balance of probability given how they have behaved re transfers since Jurgen arrived, perhaps not, it is a possibility though
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm gonna say there's sweet fuck all chance that Bobby will be sold, or Gini returning in January.

Neither seem like a Klopp move. Adding players will be the objective and moving on others first.
    Time for Klopp to evolve the system to what he has at his disposal. Because for all peoples complaints he has quiet a bit at his disposal.

I think I love Bobby so much more though, like, I'd put him (or Robbo for that matter) in at lcm were he dropped from his orthodox position.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'm gonna say there's sweet fuck all chance that Bobby will be sold, or Gini returning in January.

Neither seem like a Klopp move. Adding players will be the objective and moving on others first.
    Time for Klopp to evolve the system to what he has at his disposal. Because for all peoples complaints he has quiet a bit at his disposal.
    He could go to a 4231 and rely almost entirely on the 3-1 to create and score almost all the goals, even though we don't have a 1 and the wide players who'd make up the 3 aren't remotely suited to being wide players in a 4231, with our best and talismanic forward Salah himself having an abysmal record when played as a winger and only look to our full backs to chip in with the odd contribution as things always go in a 4231 because of the spaces the players occupy in that system, that sounds like a brilliantly shit idea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He could go to a 4231 and rely almost entirely on the 3-1 to create and score almost all the goals, even though we don't have a 1 and the wide players who'd make up the 3 aren't remotely suited to being wide players in a 4231, with our best and talismanic forward Salah himself having an abysmal record when played as a winger and only look to our full backs to chip in with the odd contribution as things always go in a 4231 because of the spaces the players occupy in that system, that sounds like a brilliantly shit idea
    Klopp has predominantly played Salah CF when deploying a 4231.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mohamed-salah/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/148455/plus/0?saison=&verein=31&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=14&train er_id=

Salah at CF at LFC

29 games 24 goals & 7 assists

Premier league: 23 games 19 goals & 6 assists

5 goals & 1 asist in 5 CL games

Not good enough if we want to win something, sad but true..... oh he's fancy and scores tap ins, we can't say anything about him.

Bullshit.

If Gini wasn't offered a new contract then Bobby won't be either. He'll be gone when his contract expires in the summer of 2023 and maybe earlier if there are any interested parties

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    He'll be gone when his contract expires in the summer of 2023 and maybe earlier if there are any interested parties
    Have felt that's how things will go for a while now, as the front three will need to transition/change in terms of age - having to replace all 3 within a short time (let's say they were all here at 33/34) would be a real headache, so Jota has come in ahead of time.

At the minute it's 4 really good forwards (Bobby not archetypal heavy goalscorer but excellent at what he does when on it) then the drop-off to Taki and Origi. Ideally we'd have a 5th top forward and could rotate more, so one of Taki/Origi leaves OR they both leave and the 6th spot gets given to a youth player/promising prospect.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay