Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    If Gini wasn't offered a new contract then Bobby won't be either. He'll be gone when his contract expires in the summer of 2023 and maybe earlier if there are any interested parties
    Bobby has had higher tackles and intercepts per match than Gini. Playing further up the pitch that's very impressive.

I wonder if in January Gini will have become the greatest midfielder to ever play football.

Always fit absolutely great, did a great job here under Klopp, won his titles, all great. But it seems to me that in his absence he's been raised beyond his station.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the coming seasons.

Hardly got a game for us these last 5 years..

Being serious, I don’t think anyone is saying Gini is a world beater, he isn’t, but so important for us without doubt. The fact he is struggling for minutes in France surely a pointer to the individual level of our midfield.

Hendo - Can barely get a game for Engerland, Thiago ditto for Spain, Curtis Engerland u21 being picked to play Andorra… Milner - how old? Elliott 3 premier league starts and 18, then Oxlade and Keita.

A mixture of players at different ends of the age spectrum but also many with consistently poor injury records.

Count them - numbers are there, but reliable quality simply isn’t. Gini was absolutely that thing personified.

We need to act this January in a way we simply failed to last year.

I think its fair to say Steveo that PSG are not a normal club !

Tuchel made reference to this when he said "I dont know if im a footy coach or politician"

In other words owner/players run the club as we saw when Neymar joined and nicked the penalty of Cavani.

Gini is not a world beater as you say but he was an important cog in our machine he did the unselfish work that isnt sexy to fans especially of other clubs.

He obviously left us for more money but I am guessing PSG have lied to him about game time etc.

We could do with a CM not sure who ??

Bissouma fits is perfectly but as ive said before no chance he joins in Jan not with off field stuff going on.

I wonder if Bobby could slip back further into midfield as he ages, like Barnes and Giggs did. He would seem to be a better candidate for it than Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I wonder if Bobby could slip back further into midfield as he ages, like Barnes and Giggs did. He would seem to be a better candidate for it than Giggs
    I think he could do he has the ability to win the ball, he is strong and a very intelligent player.

He is a hugely under rated player but like any player he has his price.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think he could do he has the ability to win the ball, he is strong and a very intelligent player.

He is a hugely under rated player but like any player he has his price.
    I like the idea of it on paper, but if he came into our midfield then this time next season we'd be looking at -

Henderson being 32.
    Firmino being 31.
    Thiago being 31.
    Fabinho being 29.

None of those are "panic button" ages in terms of your squad profile, especially given sports science these days, but I'd really be looking at a top quality "bridge" age of player over integrating Firmino - someone aged 23-26 ideally.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Wasn't Ryan Giggs playing at 40?

Bobby is still a baby

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I like the idea of it on paper, but if he came into our midfield then this time next season we'd be looking at -

Henderson being 32.
    Firmino being 31.
    Thiago being 31.
    Fabinho being 29.

None of those are "panic button" ages in terms of your squad profile, especially given sports science these days, but I'd really be looking at a top quality "bridge" age of player over integrating Firmino - someone aged 23-26 ideally.
    Yeah true but Taksin asked if he could play in midfield I think he could not saying he will.

We do need a younger CM and I think we will sign one but its anyones guess who.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah true but Taksin asked if he could play in midfield I think he could not saying he will.

We do need a younger CM and I think we will sign one but its anyones guess who.
    Indeed. Asking if Bobby could play there says nothing about new signings

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    If Gini wasn't offered a new contract then Bobby won't be either. He'll be gone when his contract expires in the summer of 2023 and maybe earlier if there are any interested parties
    I thought Gini was offered a contract, it just wasn't for the duration he wanted?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"