Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby

Gawd for bid Firmino playing in midfield. the premier league is fulla strong physical strong midfelders. we would be playing with 1 less midfielder if he took up that role.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Firmino is well built and around 6ft himself he is used to getting kicked by big centre backs.

He is more likely to only play there if we go 4231.

He is an option for sure but its probably along way down the list Justme !

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Wasn't Ryan Giggs playing at 40?

Bobby is still a baby

I've no issue whatsoever with having older players in a side.

I'd always have massive reservations about having several though, particularly if it's the larger component of a "unit" of the side - so if Salah, Mane and Firmino were all 34 at the same time for example, or your first-choice centre-backs etc and I'd always err towards planning ahead.

In the case of the middle of the pitch, we had our "strong Oak" midfielders and brought in "sapling" mids (Ox and Keita) to bridge the gap to our "acorn/shoots" and unfortunately our saplings are a smidge fragile. Ideally someone would bid for one of them (I'd rather lose Ox if pushed into an opinion) and we could replace with a healthier, more resilient player - maybe Kessie or something. People will say Bellingham (don't blame them) but given the Nature of how we play, if we were to commit to £80m or whatever it would take to pry him away, I'd rather get a pretty elite forward or spread the money out across a couple of "sensible" transfers.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I wonder if Bobby could slip back further into midfield as he ages, like Barnes and Giggs did. He would seem to be a better candidate for it than Giggs
    Prior to lfc he played mostly as a 10/cam in 4231 for the most part.
    Has the attributes to play in midfield.

We bullied opposition midfield for 3 seasons, not because of the physical size or stature of our midfield, but because of the positioning of our midfielders, forwards and full backs in the system we used to play - I can't say we still play that system, because the evidence for us still playing it simply isn't there, if the players we used were as positionally correct as they were for 3 seasons, whatever you think about that system or way of playing, we'd not be letting in the soft goals we are
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

the season we won the league. we had a lot of physicality.. we are piss weak in the middle now. positions means fuck all when your being out fought. The midfield is the most important part of any team thats why Man-united are garbage most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    the season we won the league. we had a lot of physicality.. we are piss weak in the middle now. positions means fuck all when your being out fought. The midfield is the most important part of any team thats why Man-united are garbage most of the time.
    Yawn yawn yawn, so tired of the same tired old cliches rolled out on here that are not remotely representative of anything that has happened on the pitch, we haven't been 'out fought' in midfield, we've been out positioned, out tacticd in a couple of games allowing teams to play around our three because their positioning was all over the place, meaning our full backs was also and our forwards press was rendered useless and futile.

Out fought in the modern game, now players don't get to leave one on opposition players so many times is generally all about positioning and tactics, to never let the opposition mids receive the ball in time and space and always be on point and on top of them to deny them any

Out fought in the modern game is also taking the possession of the opposition midfield through physical aggressive play, nope, that hasn't been happening

Sorry to sound condescending, but these cliches so many here rattle out that are entirely irrelevant to what has happened on the pitch just wind me up, Sky even pulled Carra for it the other day when he was prattling on about the highline and they pointed out we had one of the best records on defending counters, frequently through catching teams offside

There are an awful lot of opinions about us of late, most of them entirely invalid, because they're like yours, tired old cliches that aren't remotely representative of what actually happened on the pitch for us to drop points and/or concede goals

thats like 2000 words to long. not reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    thats like 2000 words to long. not reading it.
    Maybe we should all put a word count limit on what we are able to read to save others the time of making their case - otherwise this is actually quite rude for a post of 259 words. It's virtually a tweet

Maybe we should all put a word count limit on what we are able to read to save others the time of making their case - otherwise this is actually quite rude for a post of 259 words. It's virtually a tweet
    That's the problem with these youngsters and another aspect of the devolution of our species, people are so content with texting and tweeting, anything over 100 words is too much for them