Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Maybe we should all put a word count limit on what we are able to read to save others the time of making their case - otherwise this is actually quite rude for a post of 259 words. It's virtually a tweet
    I don't mind the odd long comment/s but i dont wish to read sermons all the time
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's the problem with these youngsters and another aspect of the devolution of our species, people are so content with texting and tweeting, anything over 100 words is too much for them
    I don't tweet. (apart from once when i signed up to have a go at George Gallaway) but that was years ago and only 1 comment..Its fulla idiots on there. By the way whats your twitter handle?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't tweet. (apart from once when i signed up to have a go at George Gallaway) but that was years ago and only 1 comment..Its fulla idiots on there. By the way whats your twitter handle?
    I don't do twitter, I used to on politics, but it's a waste of time, it's full of mostly neurotypical morons who are so desperately conditioned by our media they don't realise they're going round and around in the media political goldfish bowl they have created never actually tackling any of the real issues, but only ever talking about the bi-products of the real issues, including alleged political commentators and all the MPs, it's just absolutely sickening
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yawn yawn yawn, so tired of the same tired old cliches rolled out on here that are not remotely representative of anything that has happened on the pitch, we haven't been 'out fought' in midfield, we've been out positioned, out tacticd in a couple of games allowing teams to play around our three because their positioning was all over the place, meaning our full backs was also and our forwards press was rendered useless and futile.

Out fought in the modern game, now players don't get to leave one on opposition players so many times is generally all about positioning and tactics, to never let the opposition mids receive the ball in time and space and always be on point and on top of them to deny them any

Out fought in the modern game is also taking the possession of the opposition midfield through physical aggressive play, nope, that hasn't been happening

Sorry to sound condescending, but these cliches so many here rattle out that are entirely irrelevant to what has happened on the pitch just wind me up, Sky even pulled Carra for it the other day when he was prattling on about the highline and they pointed out we had one of the best records on defending counters, frequently through catching teams offside

There are an awful lot of opinions about us of late, most of them entirely invalid, because they're like yours, tired old cliches that aren't remotely representative of what actually happened on the pitch for us to drop points and/or concede goals
    Weren't you in agreement that the West ham boy should have been taken out, as milner would have, by at least 3 of our players.

We have won the premier leagues fairplay award for the last 5 seasons and currently lead West ham by 3 points.

Football is a contact sport, you can foul cynically or professionally. Then you have nasty tackles, take everton.
    I'd put a euro on us incurring more 'friendly derby' injuries/horor-tackles from Everton under Klopp than we've dished out under Klopp.

We could be more cynical at times, and it's not like we never get booked.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Weren't you in agreement that the West ham boy should have been taken out, as milner would have, by at least 3 of our players.

We have won the premier leagues fairplay award for the last 5 seasons and currently lead West ham by 3 points.

Football is a contact sport, you can foul cynically or professionally. Then you have nasty tackles, take everton.
    I'd put a euro on us incurring more 'friendly derby' injuries/horor-tackles from Everton under Klopp than we've dished out under Klopp.

We could be more cynical at times, and it's not like we never get booked.
    You're missing the point entirely, that isn't being out fought, out fought infers that we have been kicked all over the park and turned into shrinking violets, which isn't the case, we're not cynical enough at times I agree, but being cynical when and where necessary, isn't the same thing as being outfought

You're missing the point entirely, that isn't being out fought, out fought infers that we have been kicked all over the park and turned into shrinking violets, which isn't the case, we're not cynical enough at times I agree, but being cynical when and where necessary, isn't the same thing as being outfought
    You prattled on about how there's no room in the game for hard challenges etc.

I've cited how horrific tackles occur as with Everton.
    I've shown you we are going for a 6th league fair play title in a row.
    City are rarely our closest rival in this facet of the game and are far more serious about cynical fouling to stop goals.
    How you agreed that Bowen should have been taken out in our last game.
    You agree we should commit more cynical fouls.
    And I stated we were outfought by West ham for example.

I'm not arguing this extreme view you are painting of shrinking violets.

I've provided a list of items that contradict the points you made in that post.

I've brought up our fair play standings as a sign of not doing the right thing in certain circumstances.

That is all, I have falsified your claims and brought up an area of the game where we aren't putting the effort in as other teams do.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    And I stated we were outfought by West ham for example.
    And like everyone else who trotted out that lame cliche, it is entirely unrepresentative of what happened in the game

We lost that game because Alisson had an incredibly rare nightmare performance, he was fouled for their first goal in fairness to him, and we overcommitted unnecessarily far to early to getting the second, very specifically our No6 to play right into their hands and Moyes tactics, we were out thought rather than outfought, and not for the first time this season leading to points dropped

It really isn't hard when Fab's playing, he makes errors all game because he's not a midfielder, if I were an opposing manager against Liverpool, I'd set up to play relatively deep and counter, pick up everyone except Fab and let him have the ball and look to quickly press the player he passes it to or Fab himself when the ball went to him when the timing was right to do so and try to create and release a 3v2 against our 2 CBs using the space he leaves, really take advantage of his poor reading of the game, passing and positional sense

If Alisson commands his area properly and someone takes a yellow on the halfway line for the second, we win the game comfortably, but he didn’t and no one did, so we lost.

And like everyone else who trotted out that lame cliche, it is entirely unrepresentative of what happened in the game

We lost that game because Alisson had an incredibly rare nightmare performance, he was fouled for their first goal in fairness to him, and we overcommitted unnecessarily far to early to getting the second, very specifically our No6 to play right into their hands and Moyes tactics, we were out thought rather than outfought, and not for the first time this season leading to points dropped

It really isn't hard when Fab's playing, he makes errors all game because he's not a midfielder, if I were an opposing manager against Liverpool, I'd set up to play relatively deep and counter, pick up everyone except Fab and let him have the ball and look to quickly press the player he passes it to or Fab himself when the ball went to him when the timing was right to do so and try to create and release a 3v2 against our 2 CBs using the space he leaves, really take advantage of his poor reading of the game, passing and positional sense
    Well my impression of the game was we never reached our 100% level once in the game.

We have an Alisson own goal, the one where we've said one of 3 of our boys should take bowen out, another off a set piece.
    They hit the Post and VVD did his best to keep the scoreline respectable in the second half as I saw it. We could possibly have scored more via Mane, who had a very poor night.

I'd say they defended better and were more active in defending when we scored, than vice versa. We conceded off 2 corners they had and it didn't look like our lads contested the ball at all. 11 fouls v 6 to them, amazingly only one booking for them.

I wouldn't say we are often outfought. But this season the mentality doesn't look up to where it was in previous seasons.
    I'd also say we aren't setting up to best take advantage of the players we have at our disposal.
    Don't think our best 11 players all fit work best in Klopps 433. Don't think it gets the best value out of our squad either.