Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Edwards leaving in the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    what happens when the likes of Jota out prefoms Mbappe and Mbappe is on like 10/15 times has much? No one should get 500 thousand a week..
    No-one should get more than 100k a week in my book, they play football, that's still 5m a year plus other endorsements for playing football, people don't need to live the lifestyles many of them do either, and if it's that much of a hardship looking after themselves really well every season for 5m a year, then just play for 5 years at the top, retire early with a tidy sum

I've never agreed with footballers wages since the Jimmy Hill "They're the ones that make the money" BS, well guess what, the vast majority of all the frontline workers are the ones that make the money for the businesses that employ them and they don't get paid more than most of the top brass or the manager, always thought it was a nonsense

It's like when they do things for charity, I appreciate some of them make the effort, but if you get anymore than 100k a week, give the rest of your salary each year to charity then, even 5m a year's a piss take
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Julian Ward will step up.

Like a Caffeine-free, Diet Boot Room.
    It's sad that he is going...but if this boot room philosophy is being brought back thats something positive going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Apparently very good friends with Howe and possibly joining Newcastle, not really a fan of anyone joining a club with owners with human rights records like theirs have, it's the worst kind of mercenary act.

It could be a move for the opportunity to build something really special there, because, and I don't know where you lads stand on this, I think Edwards has lost his touch somewhat in the past 3 or 4 windows, but it might be because of financial restraints placed by FSG, so maybe he's incredibly frustrated by that and thinks with their penny pinching transfer policy, he's helped take us as far as he can

We do have to remember though, that he's just the guy who gets the business done, it's our manager, scouting and joint decision transfer team that find the right players
    When i first heard the news i jumped to the conclusion that he was leaving because of the financial constraints he was being forced to work with...

"meh"

Gone downhill anyway as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No-one should get more than 100k a week in my book, they play football, that's still 5m a year plus other endorsements for playing football, people don't need to live the lifestyles many of them do either, and if it's that much of a hardship looking after themselves really well every season for 5m a year, then just play for 5 years at the top, retire early with a tidy sum

I've never agreed with footballers wages since the Jimmy Hill "They're the ones that make the money" BS, well guess what, the vast majority of all the frontline workers are the ones that make the money for the businesses that employ them and they don't get paid more than most of the top brass or the manager, always thought it was a nonsense

It's like when they do things for charity, I appreciate some of them make the effort, but if you get anymore than 100k a week, give the rest of your salary each year to charity then, even 5m a year's a piss take
    Totally agree, but sadly there are millions who won't.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Mbappe will end up at Madrid. he will get paid 500 thousand a week PLUS. hes not gonna get that here.Can we move on from this?
    You’d never know. Anything is possible.

A bit of background on the new fella.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    You’d never know. Anything is possible.
    Yeah, but its very unlikely in my opinion. but we'll see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century