Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: November International Bollix

Scotland's game really did matter at least, apparently, their beating Denmark tonight means they will be seeded in the play offs draw

European Champions Italy also in the play offs after drawing tonight, had Mancini not made the changes he did in that final I think Southgate's Fat Sam football would actually have been enough to win it, Immobile at false 9 was a fucking disaster for how well the rest of that side was playing, that said, he started Insigne at false 9 tonight with Chiesa at LFWD and Berardi at RFWD, which is undoubtedly the best front 3 he can field and they only managed a draw with the mighty Northern Ireland.

That Italy squad isn't that strong at all Insigne's the best he's got for false 9, but not ideal, Chiesa's absolute class at LFWD or RFWD but RFWD is his best position and Beradi is the bets he's got for RFWD, but he's not a top top player, CBs top quality but ageing, full backs nothing to write home about with Spinazzola out, midfield has some decent players and emerging players, Veratti, Barella, Tonali, I'm not a fan of Jorginho, think he's overrated and easily put out of the game with good pressing and attention to detail
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    While Northern Ireland show how not too bottle a big game against Italy.
    Mancini started with his best front 3 too Chiesa Insigne Berardi, Chielini was missing, Veratti too, Barella and Tonali both started either side of Jorginho in midfield, although Mancini had them the opposite way round from how most would think he should have played them, Barella didn't play well in the games he was used at LCM in the Euros

Still bar Veratti and Chielini missing, a better starting 11 that Gareth Sam Allardyce Southgates England faced in the final, at Wembley, on home soil, not enough guile, know how or experience of games at the very highest levels in midfield with the ill advised, Allardycesque Rice Phillips partnership (should have played a 3, still should) not enough of any of those qualities at CB either

Redmen TV saying Robbo's injury looked like a hamstring, that would be a blow indeed, I think we all believe Tsimikas should be getting his chance, but none of us would wish for it to happen like this if it is a hamstring let's hope it isn't anything medium or longer term

we are getting way to many hamstrings now. we seriously need to look at what is going on with the physio and training.
    The same Physio that Arsenal had they suffered loads of injuries themselves.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yes but they qualified for top 4 for a decade straight.

Think of all that TV money.

‘This Means More’

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we are getting way to many hamstrings now. we seriously need to look at what is going on with the physio and training.
    Robbo plays his best football for Scotland these days, they overplay him and he covers about twice the distance he covers for us and makes numerous more far longer sprints for Scotland than he has ever had to make for us, and his fucking delivery for them is much better also - Part of what makes me laugh about people talking about burn out and fatigue in our players because of how we play, our system conserves loads of energy when played right, other teams players do more running and have to make far more longer sprints than our players

Hendo injured?
    Robbo injured
    Sadio?

'Kin hel
    Can't wait for Afcon

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The players are getting burnt out Klopp has mentioned this several times.

We arent the only club with injuries we just all focus on ourselves.

You need to be blessed genetics like Ronaldo to survive I would imagine most players will suffer especially ones who play for big clubs.

International footy is the one that needs to go I can see clubs fighting this its getting beyond a joke as you now have pricks like Brazil playing games which players cant get back for.

Hold on hasn't everyone been saying robbo needs a rest, and the gorgeous greek should be starting ahead of him?

Obviously it's not good he's injured.. but

Small mercy's ?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th November 2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hold on hasn't everyone been saying robbo needs a rest, and the gorgeous greek should be starting ahead of him?

Obviously it's not good he's injured.. but

Small mercy's ?
    They have but you can see what is now going to happen !