Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: November International Bollix

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The players are getting burnt out Klopp has mentioned this several times.

We arent the only club with injuries we just all focus on ourselves.

You need to be blessed genetics like Ronaldo to survive I would imagine most players will suffer especially ones who play for big clubs.

International footy is the one that needs to go I can see clubs fighting this its getting beyond a joke as you now have pricks like Brazil playing games which players cant get back for.
    I may have got this totally wrong again but this sounds like we want everything to be tailored to suit our own specific needs..

We can clobber the likes of Norwich because we are considerably more wealthy YET we want to now stop international footy (I hate it too btw but playing devil's advocate) because it puts us at an unfair advantage versus clubs with huge wealth or owners willing to spend more on bigger squads than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I may have got this totally wrong again but this sounds like we want everything to be tailored to suit our own specific needs..

We can clobber the likes of Norwich because we are considerably more wealthy YET we want to now stop international footy (I hate it too btw but playing devil's advocate) because it puts us at an unfair advantage versus clubs with huge wealth or owners willing to spend more on bigger squads than we do.
    No I just hate international footy but its not goimg away.

My point is there is too many games that are pointless and especially during a pandemic.

Players being picked when already quailfied but I also said WE should not play them in CL now we have topped the group.

Its taking the piss with Brazil basically playing early hours of Friday morning that should not be allowed it wasnt just us it cost either although we did win.

My point is Steveo if we did buy 2 new players and they were Argentina/Columbian we would still have that problem.

3 Copa Americas in 5 years is an insult as well.

Wenger can get stuffed with his World Cup every two years idea as well

This is why I was well up for the ESL, it was a great idea, the broadcasters, Premier League, FA, UEFA and FIFA all read from the same hymn book and people swallowed their shite like they are conditioned to, every single one of those organisations was looking after their own interests, if they had any interest whatsoever in protecting the football pyramid they kept waffling on about, they wouldn't ever celebrate anything about City or Chelsea, they'd make sure they played by the same rules as everyone else

All of the broadcasters and official bodies who made all the noise and threats about ESL all did so for the same reasons, they all make an incredible amount of money off the back of the top clubs, a hell of a lot more than the top clubs can earn as the set up is at present - FA's FIFA UEFA and the broadcasters run the players of top clubs into the ground trying to milk them for even more money

I like the ESL idea as for clubs such as ours, who play by the FFP rules, it is the only possible way we can compete with the teams who don't long term when the same official bodies and broadcasters who talk about the football pyramid consistently fail to enforce FFP

WHichever way you look at it, it really isn't right that club owners have all the risk and need all the expertise and hiring of the right people and signing of the right players to make fortunes far and above the returns they can earn for all of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Nico Williams has been top notch for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    But it will result in less player fatigue didn't you know?

Sounds like a dreadful idea until you actually read what he is saying.

Not that it is particularly great but result seems to be less international breaks and less international games overall, with almost none of them being these meaningless, nonsense, waste of time games.

Essentially more like it used to be before the break up of so many nations and the plethora of newly independent states emerged.

Qualifying for the World Cup - or Euros, used to be tough. Now you can beat Gibraltar, or Andorra, Iceland and Slovenia and be in with a good shout. It’s a joke format right now. Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Thats fine if they get rid of the Euros and the other tournaments like copa and african nations.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just abolish international football. It’s shite.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just abolish international football. It’s shite.
    A pretty sweeping statement, especially so from anyone on these British Isles, where the sport was invented and with a combined population at almost 72,000,000 yet unable to produce much in the way of the world's best players since George Best!

I agree it is annoying especially so with all these stupid games against nations that are dwarfed by even Wales! But labeling ALL international football "shite".. Harsh