Thread: Home coffee makers for Latte

Home coffee makers for Latte

Anyone got any good recommendations?

Looked at reviews - Sage 'The Oracle' Touch looks the absolutely business, but well out of my price range

Anyone got any experience of less expensive options that are any good?

Kind of curious, because of the elements involved in making a top Latte, why, with the technology they could use, the machine coffee at garages, Mc Donald's etc isn't much better than it is, especially as on the top of the range Sage 'The Oracle' all the coffee aficionado reviews absolutely rave about the milk heating and texturising of it and it being superior to a great deal of the manual texturisation of coffee shop baristas - It also compacts the coffee into your single or double espresso bowl perfectly for you and better than most baristas, so why can't they make machine coffee that's superior to most coffee houses

I'm kind of interested, because you can tinker to make your coffee grind, strength and amount and milk heat, texture and amount exactly as you like it pre-programmed into the best machines, but I'm guessing the lower priced machines will come out more like a Costa machine at a garage, nothing near to the real thing, but sort of ok
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I bet you also watch love Island.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I bet you also watch love Island.
    Absolutely not, reality TV and the new online 'celebs' are 2 of the things I despise the most
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Know a few people with the fancy posh coffee machines.
    Personally I find shaking the shit out of the milk in its carton injects air into the milk and gives my coffee a posh splash, then a touch of cinnamon or ginger on top to finish.