Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: But I thought FSG had no money?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    They dont have to be registered. If we signed Mbappe in January we could simply not register Origi. We'd still have him on th e books we just couldn't play him (in the prem and CL).

I'm assuming Karius isn't registered. Otherwise we'd have nearly 1/5 of our squad registered as keepers!
    Karius into midfield?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Don’t joke - could be witnessed v the Arse on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    What would we be worth at this stage. 3billion. 2 for sure. Has a football club this big ever been sold?
    They'll only sell us if they stop making a profit from us imo. If, for example, we stopped qualifying for the CL, that would really hurt our income streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Karius will depart soon which will free up a slot, which hopefully gives us a little wiggle-room.
    If that’s all we need for ‘wiggle-room’ then the best option would be to pay his contract up and release him so we can finally sign a Gini replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    If that’s all we need for ‘wiggle-room’ then the best option would be to pay his contract up and release him so we can finally sign a Gini replacement.
    FSG spend money?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    They'll only sell us if they stop making a profit from us imo. If, for example, we stopped qualifying for the CL, that would really hurt our income streams.
    Would anyone stump up that kind of cash. How do they turn profit from it. It would take forever. I think this is why you won’t see us or united sold at this stage. Have to figure another way to stay competitive.

Its all about money for them. Take Salah's contract not signed yet. he doesnt sign before the summer.. Some club will come in in the summer and offer huge money and he will be sold. So that money can be re-invested. There is no way FSG wil give him into Salahs wage demands if its to high.
    Theres talk of playing Neco Williams in an advanced role when Salah goes to the afcon. so doesnt look like we are going to buy any cover in January.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wouldn't the midfielder (or forward) have had to have been a Homegrown player on account of us being "full" in the foreign player quota for our Premier League squad? Homegrown players that are good enough to improve our starting XI that aren't owned by direct rivals who would be unwilling to sell for anything less than way-above-the-going-rate would be few and far between. Man City (not that I'd want him back) aren't going to sell us Sterling for example.

Which leaves us needing to move a player or two on, which is all very well if clubs are willing to buy them - which they weren't. Genuine offers for lads like Origi didn't really materialise.

Karius will depart soon which will free up a slot, which hopefully gives us a little wiggle-room.
    No as Shaqiri went we have one slot available.

My understanding is Karius isnt registered so we cant play him he is being paid to train.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No as Shaqiri went we have one slot available.

My understanding is Karius isnt registered so we cant play him he is being paid to train.
    Doesn't Gini's departure also count as another slot?
    I forget if he was considered "homegrown" on account of his previous Premier League experience.

Or was that slot considered taken up when Konate came?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I think this will be the first window for years where we don't have to sell an overseas player to buy one and I for one can't fking wait! Buzzing here.