Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Lfc v Arsenal Matchthread

Am intrigued to see the defensive stats for Ox as (eye test) it looked like he was involved in loads and put a serious shift in.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Am intrigued to see the defensive stats for Ox as (eye test) it looked like he was involved in loads and put a serious shift in.
    He definitely put a shift in, I thought he played well.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549652/Live/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Liverpool-Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Clean sheet and victory has nothing to do with Tsimikas starting.
    Played very well against Saka.

Think we havent let a goal in the league with Tsimikas starting this season.

Well, one swallow does not a summer make, whatever his stats were they still won't be enough to make up for the defensive stats he was missing from the Brighton and West Ham games, he was absolutely fucking abysmal in both those games, both Jones and Oxlade's pressing and positional play in the 2-2 draw v Brighton was absolutely fucking criminal, they were the chief culprits in our blowing a 2 goal lead in that game, even the fucking Echo clocked it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549652/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Liverpool-Arsenal

Tab there to see average player positions
    4231 today by that metric

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mostly 4213 in the second half, with one of the full backs much higher than in the first too, mostly 4231 in the first half and didn't work, we were poor in that first half and fortunate to lead at the break the truth be told, we were more solid while being poor because we played a deeper line, both full backs were quite often back in the four and only one went at any one time all game and as I have detailed extensively about Fab, he is very good in a 2 with a deeper line and the full backs playing as they did today, but it doesn't change that he sucks in a 3 in our best formation and isn't good enough to play No6 in that set up

I'd be happy enough for us to try and play 4213 in future games, start 4231, keep it tight like today, work out what tweaks can be made for the 4213 to work as devastatingly well as it did second half today and see how it goes. In all honesty, I don't think it will be enough to win a trophy, it won't reach, exceed or come anywhere close to the incredible heights of our 2019-2020 levels in the 433 when Fab was out, but, Jurgen will persist with Fab, and that being the case, trying to get our other players used to playing differently, rather than having a liability at No6 in a 433 is preferable

Fair play to Arteta there. You know damn well if that's Maureen or Ole or whoever else that they make a big song and dance about the "incident" - kudos to him for not being a snide wee guttersnipe about it as one-too-many managers would be.

Fair play to Arteta there. You know damn well if that's Maureen or Ole or whoever else that they make a big song and dance about the "incident" - kudos to him for not being a snide wee guttersnipe about it as one-too-many managers would be.
    He looked pretty devastated, it was a rude awakening coming up against a top side after the good results and performances they've had against sides who aren't as good and who will play more open against them, went pretty much as I called it, the same as I called it ahead of the game v the filthy, winning a few games against sides who aren't top sides but aspire to be who play open against you and don't have the players to target your specific weaknesses is a completely different thing to playing a top side who have all those things

Really good performance today, much more solid than the last two games and made numerous really clear chances so all good.

Really good from Tsimikas, Virgil, Ox and Jota, outstanding from Trent, Mo, Sadio and my motm Fabinho.

Thiago another meh performance, least affective of the midfield 3. Jude Bellingham is absolutely ideal for our midfield, big athlete with real quality about him. He’s going to be a real beast in years to come.
    Last edited by miller0863; 20th November 2021 at 09:38 PM.