Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Lfc v Arsenal Matchthread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Really good performance today, much more solid than the last two games and made numerous really clear chances so all good.

Really good from Tsimikas, Virgil, Ox and Jota, outstanding from Trent, Mo, Sadio and my motm Fabinho.

Thiago another meh performance, least affective of the midfield 3. Jude Bellingham is absolutely ideal for our midfield, big athlete with real quality about him. He’s going to be a real beast in years to come.
    And WHAT time do you call this

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, one swallow does not a summer make
    Oh indeed - I've mentioned before that of our midfielders, Ox is possibly top of my list for giving consideration to moving on to make way for someone younger/more robust - but credit where due. If he clocks up some more appearances like that today where he does the basics properly as opposed to trying to force it (which I think comes from a desire to impress the Manager) with shots from range or beating a man when it isn't on, he can have a good season - and that can help the side.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

That made me lol CCTV… had a busy day and only started watching the game about 7pm. Should have sent a note from my Mum, sorry mate.

Excellent performance tonight - Arsenal unbeaten in 10 before that.

I was worried by the midfield to be honest going into the game.

Delighted

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Oh indeed - I've mentioned before that of our midfielders
    I've mentioned it to all of my girlfriends
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You do surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Excellent performance tonight - Arsenal unbeaten in 10 before that.

I was worried by the midfield to be honest going into the game.

Delighted
    Me too. I thought we were going to lose if I'm honest, felt after WH we were going to have a wobble but that second half was great. Solid throughout.

Really like Ox, acknowledge the major injuries he’s had. His performances have blown hot and cold and recently he has not shown desire, Tonight I thought he was excellent, worked hard particularly defensively, tracked runners, made great blocks and was still a threat up front . Previous appearances I thought he was poor and not worthy of a place.
    Well done Ox

Really good performance today, much more solid than the last two games and made numerous really clear chances so all good.

Really good from Tsimikas, Virgil, Ox and Jota, outstanding from Trent, Mo, Sadio and my motm Fabinho.

Thiago another meh performance, least affective of the midfield 3. Jude Bellingham is absolutely ideal for our midfield, big athlete with real quality about him. He’s going to be a real beast in years to come.
    I thought Thiago was brilliant, we always wanted to give him the ball , he played positively ( without losing possession as he had done in past ) you can see opposing players are frightened of his ability . Just love watching him

I thought Thiago was the better of our midfield 2 today, they didn't really have a lot to do other than occupy their area with the second half pressing and counter pressing of our attacking quartet and Trent who played much further forward second half, so for me their performances were about keeping the ball moving and making sure it went to one of ours and Thiago was head and shoulders our best midfielder at that today

Bellingham will be a beast, as will Tchouameni as will Gravenberch, I really hope FSG pull out all the stops to land Tchouameni in January, the lad's going to be the best No6 in the game and fits how we play and our set up

My dream midfield future three would be

Bellingham RCM Tchouameni No6 Gravenberch LCM

Let's get the lad Tchouameni in during January and look at the other two in the summer, that midfield will absolutely bum teams, 3 absolute beasts all with incredible abilities that compliment our system and each other too

I'd let Thiago go to Barca in January if it is to land Tchouameni, we could do with moving a few others on in January if we can, Minamino, Oxlade and Origi
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”