Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Lfc v Arsenal Matchthread

Here's one for Doc, it was one of Matip's runs forward into midfield that got us the free kick for the opener, you know, the one's he always complains about breaking down and putting us in trouble, when, well there isn't a goal we've conceded since Jurgen arrived where I can remember that being the cause
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought Thiago was the better of our midfield 2 today, they didn't really have a lot to do other than occupy their area with the second half pressing and counter pressing of our attacking quartet and Trent who played much further forward second half, so for me their performances were about keeping the ball moving and making sure it went to one of ours and Thiago was head and shoulders our best midfielder at that today

Bellingham will be a beast, as will Tchouameni as will Gravenberch, I really hope FSG pull out all the stops to land Tchouameni in January, the lad's going to be the best No6 in the game and fits how we play and our set up

My dream midfield future three would be

Bellingham RCM Tchouameni No6 Gravenberch LCM

Let's get the lad Tchouameni in during January and look at the other two in the summer, that midfield will absolutely bum teams, 3 absolute beasts all with incredible abilities that compliment our system and each other too

I'd let Thiago go to Barca in January if it is to land Tchouameni, we could do with moving a few others on in January if we can, Minamino, Oxlade and Origi
    We wont be selling Minamino/Origi/Ox in Jan we are going to need them for the 8-10 games Mane/Salah/Keita are away for.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We wont be selling Minamino/Origi/Ox in Jan we are going to need them for the 8-10 games Mane/Salah/Keita are away for.
    Not really Ox is probably safe as he can provide a good option and cover at LFWD and RFWD and has done in the past, but we desperately need another top quality CM and we need far far better than Minamino and Origi to stand in for Mo and Mane, I'd play Ox as one of the forwards ahead of either of them and we need better than him too

Edit: Keita being away too only serves to highlight how desperately we need another top quality CM
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st November 2021 at 12:20 AM.

Here's one for Doc, it was one of Matip's runs forward into midfield that got us the free kick for the opener, you know, the one's he always complains about breaking down and putting us in trouble, when, well there isn't a goal we've conceded since Jurgen arrived where I can remember that being the cause
    Destabilising the defensive unit puts you in the back foot more times than not.

He got us a free kick ? That’s what you’re holding onto?

Nah, I’m going with the Arteta incident that fired us up.

Well, Ole’s hold on the wheel has slipped and they have “decided to part ways”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Well, Ole’s hold on the wheel has slipped and they have “decided to part ways”
    Ole "I’m going to be successful here, and there are players there that won’t be part of that successful team"

Ole "I’m going to be successful here, and there are players there that won’t be part of that successful team"
    Succeeded in making them a laughing stock. Gotta give him that.

Apparently fletcher and carrick are caretakers till they find a replacements

Well I don't expect they'll give it to Giggseh

Brilliant second half from us today. A couple of really good team goals. Absolutely over the moon that Minamino scored. He could be a really useful player in the coming months; especially January.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Tsimikas deserves a run in the first team.