Thread: Current Premier League product best of my lifetime

Current Premier League product best of my lifetime

Genuinely, I believe the current Premier League is THE best product, the very best Premier League since its inception

And a look at the 2bn windfall that will be spread across the top clubs as a result of that at the next US TV deal confirms that unequivocally

And guess what? It has got where it has with Man United being nowhere near challenging for a title or Champions League in the last 8 years, it has improved dramatically and increased its revenue streams from United not being propped up and handed titles, so much for the old Fergie mantra "When United do well ,we all do well" a few in the Premier League, FA and refs association still vehemently adhere to, although some of them were put where they are to uphold that and try and instill it in each next generation, Mike Riley in particular
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Very very good point mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    And guess what? It has got where it has with Man United being nowhere near challenging for a title or Champions League in the last 8 years, it has improved dramatically and increased its revenue streams from United not being propped up and handed titles
    This is the first season (still only November) where I can't recall an absolute gift of a penalty to Man United in the Sky/BT/YouTube/MOTD highlights of League games.

Have they had any this season?!?! Just so accustomed to "Fergie time" and easy decisions in their favour.

Doubt you'd be saying that if we were shit. Fickle attitude, everyone's fine aslong as their club are ok. It would be a different narrative if we were in the spot that Utd or Spurs are in. Don't think they woild agree.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Doubt you'd be saying that if we were shit. Fickle attitude, everyone's fine aslong as their club are ok. It would be a different narrative if we were in the spot that Utd or Spurs are in. Don't think they woild agree.
    Read other teams forums (Arsenal, United etc) and the premier league is the weakest it’s ever been.

They conveniently forget only 2 teams were ever fighting for the league when they were consistently winning it. (Arsenal v United & Chelsea v United)

I know we weren't winning the League, but I think in terms of League football being bloody intriguing, that period from about 04/05 to 08/09 with us, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea all having quite distinct styles, strong managers, good players at the same time was probably "better" for a neutral, even though we subjectively won't enjoy how strong Man United were at the time.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Read other teams forums (Arsenal, United etc) and the premier league is the weakest it’s ever been.

They conveniently forget only 2 teams were ever fighting for the league when they were consistently winning it. (Arsenal v United & Chelsea v United)
    Correct.

Also back then Utd could go to Spurs and just take their best players now due to money in the game they cant do that now.

Same for us mind, I was at Anfield for the 5-0 drubbing of so called second best team in the country, Nottingham Forest.
    We were miles ahead of the rest, no one gets an easy ride in the Premier League these days, the money around City, Chelsea,Utd and now Newcastle is making a level of competition previously unheard of.

Miller was their for the game Liverpool 7 goals, Rotherham 1 goal. Liverpool's first game in 1892
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Loud mouth Miller scored the first goal…proving I was actually on the pitch for that one