Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Your team v Man City

Well. Here it is.

So often we have found ourselves facing a crunch match that we feel may dictate a Champion's League place or a title race.

This one, needless to say, is massive. A draw would mean we were still ahead of them, but nobody would want to turn up the opportunity to go 4 clear of Man City. As if the stakes weren't high enough, it's the last time we will host them at Anfield in the League the Klopp era and we want to take the chance to do more damage to them than a stray Kopparberg off the side of a bus.

I'm assuming Gomez is injured and that the Konate one is precautionary. Obviously a huge game for Quansah if Konate and Gomez aren't available.

..........................Kelleher

Bradley........Konate....Van Dijk....Robertson

...........................Endo

..............Elliott............Mac Allister

.........Salah........Núñez........Diaz

I think we'll all be on edge between now and Sunday. It's certainly the biggest game I'd our League season thus far (thanks Captain Obvious) and there will be one or two selection headaches. Elliott or Szoboszlai is certainly one in terms of fitness and I remain quite torn.

Huge game for anyone in our midfield. If Endo and Mac Allister are at their best we can snuff out much of their rhythm but it's a huge task.

Are we dreading it or hugely excited? If we do win......bloody Hell, if we do manage that massive win, belief will absolutely skyrocket.

I'm a believer. Let's do these.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Hugely excited! These are the games we live for as fans, a clash of the titans during a three way titles race. We know what Klopps teams are capable of on the big occasions and the atmosphere is going to be electric. I believe we are going to see a special performance.

Let's fucking do this!

1-0 Joe Goalmez

We let ourselves down in both Arsenal games. Must win, a draw is not enough

Geez.
    Sometimes I just wish our players would just shut the hell up before big matches like this.

Once again it's Trent.

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/trent-alexander-arnold-man-city-28776566

Now there's arguably fundamentally wrong essentially with what he said, seeing as he seemed to be making the point that our trophies mean more to our fans since they've been hard-won and haven't come via the means of a bottomless wallet of oil baron owners.

But you'd have to be pretty naive to claim not to know what the press would likely do with your comments and try to turn it into some kind of a bigger headline for themselves and get some reponse from City players, which they did.

It's even worse in this case for me because as someone who won't even feature in the match itself it seems like he not only was trash-talking them, but was doing so on behalf of his teammates who are the ones that are going to have to back that up.

Just say,... "No comment".
    Or,... "We'll let our play on the field do the talking."

How hard is that?

You know they went to Trent because they knew he's reliable in giving these kinds of pre-match brainless comments.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Kelleher
    Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
    Sobozla Endo MacA
    Salah Nunez Diaz

Kelleher
    Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
    Sobozla Endo MacA Diaz
    Salah Nunez

Fairly sure that's our starting 11 if available

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Geez.
    Sometimes I just wish our players would just shut the hell up before big matches like this.

Once again it's Trent.

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/trent-alexander-arnold-man-city-28776566

Now there's arguably fundamentally wrong essentially with what he said, seeing as he seemed to be making the point that our trophies mean more to our fans since they've been hard-won and haven't come via the means of a bottomless wallet of oil baron owners.

But you'd have to be pretty naive to claim not to know what the press would likely do with your comments and try to turn it into some kind of a bigger headline for themselves and get some reponse from City players, which they did.

It's even worse in this case for me because as someone who won't even feature in the match itself it seems like he not only was trash-talking them, but was doing so on behalf of his teammates who are the ones that are going to have to back that up.

Just say,... "No comment".
    Or,... "We'll let our play on the field do the talking."

How hard is that?

You know they went to Trent because they knew he's reliable in giving these kinds of pre-match brainless comments.
    Usually I'd agree with you on this but because it's them I'm not that bothered. I think more people should say stuff like this about them. It's obviously a thinly veiled dig at them being the cheating oil dripping club they are but I do also believe he's right.
    I get what you're saying though, it probably gives them a little more ammunition.
    Did you notice Haalands response? "I won the treble". Not "we" but "I". That's exactly what Trents alluding to about it meaning more, it does mean more. The fact it's been a huge team effort against mass corruption and the way it's had such a huge impact on Liverpool as a city and that irony is lost on that big lump and that his clubs success is built on sand.

Judging from Klopp's comments post-match Gomez is fine and available to play, just a bit of rotation.

Konate said "if I sprint again something might go" or words to that effect - will be interesting to see if he is 100% for Man City or not. Wouldn't want him missing a spell of the season.