Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serie A

AC Milan beat Inter yesterday, Giroud with both goals - the second of which was a really classy turn and finish.

Has kept the title race interesting - Inter, had they won the match, would have had a 4-point lead (a game in hand as well I think?) whereas now it's close.

I only saw highlights. A friend who watched the match said that Inter pressed very well for the first half and were, for that 45 minutes at least, MUCH better than the AC Milan side we faced.

We'll still win over the two legs if we show our best selves, but they're not to be underestimated. Thankfully Klopp and the boys won't take the task lightly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Big games
    Didn't klopp say he'd never been tonthe san siro , now twice in a few months.

Is the ground open to full capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Big games
    Didn't klopp say he'd never been tonthe san siro , now twice in a few months.

Is the ground open to full capacity?
    We'll be playing in the stadium at 50% capacity.

There have been matches played at 75% capacity recently, but there's a tiered system in Italy - would be lying if I said I knew the minutia of how it's worked out.

We certainly won't have all that many away fans in the ground - composure will be required but we should prevail.

A 1-1 draw with Atalanta courtesy of a 92-minute goal gets Juventus into 4th place.

Atalanta now trailing by 2 points, but with a game in hand.

I think Juventus will likely finish in at least 4th now given their respective form guides - but if Atalanta could sustain some form and Juventus miss out, it could be just the little shake-up that the League needs.

Napoli still in with a shout - haven't won it since 1990 - just 2 points off top spot.

Not opening a La Liga thread, but for the sake of mentioning something about the continued possibility of slight shifts in power amongst the traditional European Powerhouses, it's worth noting a Barcelona draw against Espanyol - it's a point rescued as they were 2-1 down going into the 96th minute and it's finished 2-2, but really they're a side they should have won against.

It puts them in 4th spot, above Atletico - but only on goal difference.

Still a chance - admittedly a thin one - that all 3 of Juventus, Barcelona and Man United aren't in the Champion's League season in 22/23 - not all of them will miss out of course, but it would be really intriguing if they did.

Inter on the verge of a 2-0 loss to Sassuolo.

Perhaps absolutely knackered from their effort against us. As much as they didn't register shots on target in the end, they definitely gave us a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Inter on the verge of a 2-0 loss to Sassuolo.

Perhaps absolutely knackered from their effort against us. As much as they didn't register shots on target in the end, they definitely gave us a game.
    They put an impressive effort in against us. Probably a bit like city blowing their load on a weeknight and left dry for the weekend.

Absolutely woeful stuff at the back for Inter that could end up costing them the Title in the end -

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1519407222358425600

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolutely woeful stuff at the back for Inter that could end up costing them the Title in the end -

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1519407222358425600
    that is absolutely disastrous
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

AC Milan just need a victory against Sassuolo on the final day of the season to win Serie A for the first time since 10/11.