Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise part 2 - look away if you're superstitious

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He is an asset that cost £90 and probably could have been sold for similar at various points along the way. They were both top ten world talents at one point.

As I understand it his contract has run down so that he may now leave on a free.

Do they want him or are they glad to see the back of him? Who knows?

More than one manager has had problems fitting him in and had pressure on them to play him, whether they want him or not and whether he has been disruptive or not.

This asset has not been managed well. He hasn’t fulfilled his potential and they may lose him for free.

Coutinho on the other hand was used well, it was clear we wanted him as part of our plans, when he became disruptive he was shipped out at a great profit.

That was the comparison I made, which you objected to for all the old reasons that irk you so much and none of the reasons that I was talking about.

The added small point of interest is that he had already left Utd - they knew his character - and they brought him back, perhaps for similar reasons they brought Ronaldo back.

We had a chance to bring Coutinho back and we didn’t take it, so far as we know. That does further the comparisons and means it isn’t just like any other footballer
    Coutinho tbf always gave his best efforts, exception being his bad back and shithousery for his dream move.
    Pogba has been a pain in the arse for them. Too nonchalant and a big problem when things aren't going his way.

The talk/rumours/bs is that Pogba will seek a move outside the PL and receive a nice signing on bonus as a free agent.
    If united try and keep him, he'll be on massive wages and a nice signing on bonus.

They should have moved him on last summer imo but failed to do so as they are desperate to have players like pogba in terms of the appraisals of his ability.

Ronny would have been a good replacement for Pogba, he catches the headlines similarly.
    Ronny like Messi haven't got the legs anymore.
    But they play plenty of games and score loads.

You can build a system around a lazy but clinical forward. You can't really carry it elsewhere on the pitch.
    Ronaldo in peps team would have been a really good signing for city. I'm not sure pogba would get a game in peps side, or Klopps.

Carrick's at the Wheel!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

3 points for everyone ..
    Don’t cry, we support city
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

They should have moved him on last summer imo but failed to do so as they are desperate to have players like pogba in terms of the appraisals of his ability.
    This is what I was getting at.

It makes our handling of Coutinho look majestic - just like I said

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

3 points for everyone ..
    Goldbridge been letting it go lately

even Hitler agrees with me

Have to hand it to you, that’s a bloody funny quip.

The problem with the filthy and their squad is that they have been hyped well above their levels of ability, and in trying to keep with Fergie's mantra, a mantra that TV rights for the Premier League having soared at their highest rates in the 8 years they've been competing for nothing shows to be an absolute nonsense, those in the Premier League, FA and refs association (Mike Riley, plus the disproportionate plethora of Manc officials in their ranks) have been giving them free hand outs, or as much as they can since VAR came in, hence their introduction or attempted introduction of the term 'subjective' to try and explain away plain wrong VAR decisions that are entirely inconsistent with the laws of the game and how all other such instances have been given.

Villa, Leicester, Brighton and the filthy were THE biggest divers in the entire league, the directive of a foul needing to consist of meaningful contact has fortunately limited officials ability to give the filthy anything at all dramatically, all the pens for diving Jurgen complained about have almost entirely disappeared. Villa under Dean Smith and Leicester have both been struggling because diving and getting free kicks and pens for nothing was a huge part of their games also

I'm not saying this because it's the filthy, I genuinely think, as I have alluded to several times in the past, that the majority of their squad are damaged goods, they are somehow broken from being hugely overhyped and achieving above their and their managers abilities by being given whatever they could be - You have to earn it, they won't ever be successful again being given free hand outs, and I honestly believe too many of their players have become so used to free hand outs and not having to work for finishing top four, their new barometer for success, that they'll never have the drive and intensity to get results that would make the difference under their own steam
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ralf Ragnarok the new United manager

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Ralf Ragnarok the new United manager
    Who?

Sounds like a viking.

Ohh I see, spent most of his time in Germany player and manager suppose he is from germany, can't be worse than carrick I guess.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th November 2021 at 04:52 PM.