Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The demise part 2 - look away if you're superstitious

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sick of hearing about how good this Ralf is going to be
    That Arsenal match is looking absolutely massive for them.

I don't "expect" Arsenal to win necessarily, but if the Mancs lose that one, then they're at least 8 points behind 4th spot with 14 matches played. A long old season with plenty of time to claw their way back in, but that isn't a position you'd want to be in given how competitive Arsenal, Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Brighton and Tottenham are at the moment.

Some of those sides will fall away of course but you don't want to find yourself behind 2/3/4 sides as the pressure will only get bigger.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The thinking man’s Roy Hodgeson will find a way past Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think this appointment is an attempt to break with Ferguson's influence, which is exactly what needs to happen. It means Woodward and the club hierarchy have learnt that its not just about finding the right manager, its the whole set up that needs to be functioning. Rangnick has the wisdom to rebuild the club into a position where it will know what type of manager it needs. So, he'll offer them a way out of waiting for Ferguson's verdict.

How long it takes and whether the other pieces of the jigsaw are in place remains to be seen.
    Ralf seems to be getting some rather amazing press coverage. Better interim than Carrick but not sure he'll meet the mark, here's hoping it's another calamity.

He speaks very highly of us
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He speaks very highly of us
    Hopefully as mentioned some symmetry with Woy.. Doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sick of hearing about how good this Ralf is going to be
    Well, the media have been pretty ridiculously hysterical about him that's for sure, touting him pretty much as the man who made Jurgen and Tuchel

I'm sure he has his merits, but if we're entirely honest and logical about this, were he really all that and something more than a man who had some great ideals and ideas about how to play the game that Jurgen and Tuchel took on board along with their own and were successful with them where he was not, he wouldn't be being picked up from where he was would he?

Pressing and counter pressing isn't difficult, it does take time to get it to the levels it needs to be to be successful and require the right type of players to play it also, I honestly don't think the filthy have the right type of players to play it successfully
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, the media have been pretty ridiculously hysterical about him that's for sure, touting him pretty much as the man who made Jurgen and Tuchel

I'm sure he has his merits, but if we're entirely honest and logical about this, were he really all that and something more than a man who had some great ideals and ideas about how to play the game that Jurgen and Tuchel took on board along with their own and were successful with them where he was not, he wouldn't be being picked up from where he was would he?

Pressing and counter pressing isn't difficult, it does take time to get it to the levels it needs to be to be successful and require the right type of players to play it also, I honestly don't think the filthy have the right type of players to play it successfully
    Agree. I disagree with the idea Ronny is their problem. They've a load of forward options that aren't suited to the high intensity game.
    At least with Ronny he stays fit most of the time and has his goals/assists stats.

Really should be building a solid 10 man side to play behind ronny and go from there. But there's a lot of pressure to get some big names and lazy arses into the starting 11

Well they were absolutely atrocious tonight, Newcastle played them off the pitch and really should have won comfortably in the end.
    Newcastle… a team with such a low points total no one has ever survived with such a low total at this stage.

Neville highlighting Ronaldo and Fernandes as two of the biggest problems there, whinging and whining their way through game after game.
    Can’t disagree, I was one of the few who said that Ronaldo would not be the great messiah everyone was expecting. He has done well for them over all, in himself but at what cost? Fernandes has fallen apart since he rocked up so the overall affect of Ronaldo has been neutral with team spirit deficits.

Loving the state they are in, loving it.

I was one of the few that thought Fernandes maybe overrated and he seems to be living up to that. Either way he has a bad attitude that makes you want to see him fail. Gary Neville was spot on with his criticisms

Ralph's at the wheel, too many weak players in that squad who have had the Premier League, FA and refs association try to prop them up to just about scrape them into the Champions League the last 4 seasons never mind actually challenge for top honours

The ref's association, FA and Premier League have actually made some very promising players into very bad players who now seem entirely incapable of grasping a game and going and winning it through their own determination and ability and always seem like they're waiting for and expecting the officials to give them their break through rather than going and taking ti for themselves

All those bodies in the English game need to have a reality check on trying to continue their 20 odd year "When United do well, we all do well" legacy status quo, that's the real problem with status quo's built up over so many years and how they're engrained into everyone to make them stick, the people afflicted can't see they're in it, that it was a lie they were sold and something that was normalised they never should have accepted in the first place and are really scared to change and break away from it

the filthy, especially considering Murdoch's incredible influence in creating the status quo in our top division he did, are essentially the Tory party of the Premier League and are treated as such, except they don't know how to pull together and win, and i think it's very telling just how similar the treatment they receive from football punditry, commentators, media, Premier League, FA and refs association over the past 30 years has been to that afforded to the Tory party and how similarly it has set such a strong status quo that it somehow has everyone hamstrung that even though it has been shown comprehensively to be a lie, it is so engrained in so many people with influence breaking away from and breaking the habits of doing it seems almost impossible for them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”