Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The demise part 2 - look away if you're superstitious

"Gary Neville now accepts Liverpool will finish above Manchester United after predicting his former club would pip the Reds to third place."

I see the media have calmed down about big Ralph hype

2 1-0 wins against very average teams and a famous 1-1 draw against newcastle.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

‘And don’t speak too soon
    For the wheel’s still in spin
    And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’
    For the loser now will be later to win
    For the times they are a-changin’

Undefeated in 3 fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    "Gary Neville now accepts Liverpool will finish above Manchester United after predicting his former club would pip the Reds to third place."
    His obsession with them spending their way out of bother has resurfaced once more.

I didn't like to open a separate thread, so just let these comments speak for themselves -

“In terms of the Glazer family, post the Super League they said they were going to communicate with the club, they said they were going to change things. They’ve not changed anything at this football club,” Neville said.

“My view is there’s a problem right at the very top, there is a massive problem. I think they’ve had 10 years to prove they can be good football operators at Manchester United, beyond Alex Ferguson and David Gill.

“They’ve proven they can’t do it, they’ve proven they can’t build a successful football club here in Manchester without being propped up by the team Mr. Ferguson had and himself being there.

“To me, at this moment in time, the first thing that should happen is they should sell the club. Because of the Super League, because of their 10 years of failure without Mr. Ferguson, and the team and the squad he had, I think they should go.

“But if they really want to stay, because you can never force the Glazer family to sell, then they’ve got to do four or five thing

Neville added: “They’ve got to stop taking the dividends out of the club if they want to reset the culture, because when the owners are pulling money out of the club at the expense of the fans, at the expense of the project, at the expense of a successful team, it’s a bad message from the very top.

“Number two, they’ve got to pay off that debt, and they can do that by selling £500million in shares to the fans, not take it out of the club and pay off that debt. They can then rebuild that stadium with £1billion, and it does probably need knocking down to be fair. It doesn’t need renovating, it needs a new stadium.

“That money can be funded from a 20-year contract by getting a sponsor in at £60-70million a year, call it ‘Something’ Old Trafford, but we have a brand new stadium, and again it resets the culture of Manchester United having the best stadium in the world. That needs to happen.

“They then need to build a new training ground. Me and Roy were part of the squad when we moved 22 years ago. We’ve now got a training ground that’s behind Tottenham and the other training grounds.

“They need to put £100-150million a year into a proper sporting project, along with those four things, and then you can say the Glazer family have reset the culture from the top. They’ve got to do something that resets the culture and the principles of the football club. They’ve not done that for 10 years, they need to do it now because the fans are on the edge again.”
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

him and his fellow manure supporters, are truly spoilt cunts of the highest order. Biggest stadium in the country, favoured by the media and FA/PL for yrs and he wants more more more £££££ spent. Their US owners have been great (if blinkered in paying pogba and ronaldo way too much). its the english senior mgmt and shit managers that are holding them back, nothing else.

Interesting thoughts from Gazza..

I agree that the problem is at the very top, but other than that I don't think he has worked out what the real problems are.

He's using Tottenham as his ideal club to an extent, a temptation that has captured members on this forum. The fact that they seem to have their own profound problems doesn't register. Now, a few years on from their great stadium and training ground, the evidence isn't there that that is the foundation for success. Old Trafford is famously large enough and most revenue is from TV these days anyway.. The main issue with stadiums, as I see it, is atmosphere, symbolic status and fan culture - Tottenham fans may have been boosted by their new acoustics but they are still a boring bunch. I think Spurs will become a more intimidating place to visit in time (it already has done) so I accept they have something very good there.

You can say revenue is what the stadium gives you but a billion quid spent on a stadium has to bite into cashflow going forwards.

On talk sport they said the Glazers' dividends were 8 million quid, so that is actually an imaginary problem that football fans like to get their knickers in a twist over.

A new training ground every 22 years seems a bit stupid.

Not sure why he wants the debt to go or whether fans buying shares changes anything but it sounds like an argument. I'd say servicing the debt is the main problem.

And they spend shit loads on players already, so he's not on strong grounds their either.

Must try harder, Gary

The comedy keeps coming
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In the Fergie era that would have been a stonewall pen.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

The comedy keeps coming
    Is there one of Maguire’s attempt to tackle iheanacho in the disallowed goal include. Fecking gold.

really? not seen that one
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century