Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise part 2 - look away if you're superstitious

No point worrying about whether they get good again or not. They will, it’s inevitable that they get back to winning some trophies.

Let’s enjoy them making poor decisions again and again with no football people making decisions at the club. Looks like it’ll be at least 3 or 4 more seasons before they sort their house out especially as this morning they announced Woodward is to stay on. Laughed so hard when that came out.

I see Southgate is out of the running... has expected hes signed a longer contract with England.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The way the chips have fallen now..it looks to me like it will be Pochettino. I think he is less than happy at PSG. the fans expect them to win 5 nil every week, and massive pressure to win the CL, a squad full of massive egos etc.
    he might do well at Utd. has he actually won anything though?
    the only pitfalls for the utd board would be if someone like Carrick gets a bit of a new manager bounce going, and they might give the job to him. but they surely wouldn't make that mistake again.
    Also Ronaldo is the elephant in the room. If he sees Carrick threatening t become full time manager, he will think, well i can do that too. I am sure he has managerial ambitions at Old Trafford.
    Pogba will be off to Italy or France.
    Maquire will get moved on. he is becoming a Phil Jones joke meme now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Never forget this..

Following his retirement as Liverpool manager in 1974, Bill Shankly had to be banned from the team's training ground in Melwood by his successors because he kept showing up unannounced in search of a bit of camaraderie. He was snubbed by the board of directors, who refused to admit him to their ranks.
    Yes, I’ve just been reading David Peace’s biography of Shankly, which id recommend to anyone. The story of how the club recruited him is fascinating. It was a different world back then but, by the standards of the day, we were forward thinking, organised, inventive and progressive in terms of how the club was run.

Looking after a difficult situation like that is crucial and I agree they don’t seem to be on top of it at Old Trafford. That is all part of my thesis

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Money on its own is never enough and the owners cannot charm their way to success.
    Which is why Utd are currently in the middle of a demise.

One the radio yesterday they were saying ‘this isn’t Ollie’s fault, this is down to the Glazers and Woodward’ (or was that the YouTube fella saying it?)

I agree

Not sure i really agree. they have spent money, brought in big names etc. And as many pundits have said, can you imagine what Klopp or Tuchel would have done with that squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yes, I’ve just been reading David Peace’s biography of Shankly, which id recommend to anyone. The story of how the club recruited him is fascinating. It was a different world back then but, by the standards of the day, we were forward thinking, organised, inventive and progressive in terms of how the club was run.

Looking after a difficult situation like that is crucial and I agree they don’t seem to be on top of it at Old Trafford. That is all part of my thesis

I guess so Taksin - it has merit for sure and can’t have been easy keeping Shanks at bay.

@faridtoxteth

I do hope Poch doesn’t go to them.
    That would not be cool at all.

Ronaldo… Elephant in the room…? surely more of a Giraffe with that neck

Incidentally why do I think of Rhino’s when I see that big time Richarlison?

This is my personal opinion on the best and worst options to manage our greatest rivals.

Zidane..I wouldn't be too bothered. Loved him as a player, but he doesn't coach, or hardly speak English in a league that he hardly knows the intensity of.

Ten Hag.. a bit of an unknown. Think with time he could be a success for them, but do you get time at utd?

Carrick..for us that would be the best scenario..permanent manager please.

Brendan Rodgers..obviously a good coach, bit of an unlikable personality in some ways, overly ambitious.But if it went bad it would go pear shaped very quickly. We have seen that at Anfield, and now at Leicester up to a point. And the Liverpool connection would make the fans turn quicker.

Pochettino..worst appointment as far as we are concerned. He knows the prem inside out, knows the players, has played and coached at very high level, can deal with egos, did well at southampton with no money, took Spurs to the champions league final ffs.

Graham Potter ..would be a very good appointment with a view to long term, building something from scratch and getting over the fergie era obsession which is really hurting that club now.

Ronaldo.. don't think he would get the job, but we would get the popcorn out. Imagine when it started going bad.

United fans I work with are convinced that Pochettino is on the way with ZZ going to PSG. I doubt any half decent manager wouldn't improve them immediately, with one Carrick making them worse.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Agreed southern. And this doesn’t look to clever

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-news-live-solskjaer-b1961962.html

Poch seems to be the one for them. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.