Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise part 2 - look away if you're superstitious

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    No point worrying about whether they get good again or not. They will, it’s inevitable that they get back to winning some trophies.
    No it's not! Was it inevitable that we would get back to winning the league?

They were once relegated six seasons after winning the European Cup, a fact you youngsters may not even know about..

I wonder if Sir Alex would impede upon Poch's progress..
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

I would say so. The longer he is around there is always that massive pressure. United lose a game and everyone sees that disgusted look on his face..

Unless it is an ex player of his - the seat is white hot.

26 years he was at the helm - for about 20 of them he ran the place like it was his own kingdom. He had the media and the FA in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    The way the chips have fallen now..it looks to me like it will be Pochettino.
    I'm thinking it goes something like -

- Man United see out the season
    - Pochettino joins them for next season
    - Zidane goes to PSG
    - Zidane's arrival at PSG keeps Mbappe there

Might be way off, but these merry-go-round, butterfly-effect situations make for fun speculation.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Care to explain this view point? I don't know what you are referring to. Do you think what happened next is they pulled themselves out of their demise? If so, I disagree.

I think it's quite possible they could pull themselves out of their demise, as we have done, and it will be impressive if they do. But in my view it isn't about finding the right manager, it's about changing the culture of the club, which is far more fundamental. That's what makes our long term debate so interesting - you can't see the change of culture that has occurred at our club. And presumably that's why you're so superstitious about things going right at their club with the wave of a magic wand.
    I agree with this. They're an absolute mess on and off the pitch and have been for years and there's just no long term plan with them. It will take a long time before they're at the top again, if they ever are. All they are interested in is making quick bucks.

Having money doesn't always cut it. They are proof of it, the situation with Pogba shows what an absolute disaster it is. Leave for free, buy back for 90m, leave for free again. Hilarious.
    It's probably the worst piece of football business in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I wonder if Sir Alex would impede upon Poch's progress..
    Rumours are he brokered the Ronaldo return and OGS didn't want him. Completely undermines the manager and any worth his salt would walk out over it. Ronaldo has got him sacked, inadvertently.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    the situation with Pogba shows what an absolute disaster it is. Leave for free, buy back for 90m, leave for free again. Hilarious.
    It's probably the worst piece of football business in history.
    He’s also been disruptive on many levels. I can’t remember who bought him exactly and how much it was a part of the manager’s plans as opposed to the club’s plans. Mourinho?
    All the managers have struggled with him in one way or another - actually there is something of the Ronaldo in that transfer. He became established elsewhere and the club felt he must return home to the theatre of dreams. Anyway, apart from a few flashes of brilliance he has caused a lot of trouble and no one has dealt with the problem. Makes our handling of Coutinho look majestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would say so. The longer he is around there is always that massive pressure. United lose a game and everyone sees that disgusted look on his face..

Unless it is an ex player of his - the seat is white hot.

26 years he was at the helm - for about 20 of them he ran the place like it was his own kingdom. He had the media and the FA in his pocket.
    He must feel bad seeing how they've been since he left... but he must feel a bit smug too haha.

I don't like this thread. There's just as much chance Utd win the league again before we do.

Is that you Gary?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century