Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Porto

Did anyone catch Klopps post match presser last night, he was asked to apologise to Africa over acon comments. Comments which seem to have been misinterpreted by the righteous man

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Great strike from a superb technician but there are definitely others still around with that and more.
    You seem to misunderstand me. I didn't say no one else scores great goals from outsde the box - obviously they do. But there wasn't one of those Modric goals that uses the technique Thiago did last night. Nothing to do with how big the game was or anything. He hit it in his own way - someone else may be capable of it but it is a part of his technique to make contact with the ball that way all the time.

Here's the training ground footage of him and Rhodri and you can recognise his unusual covering of the ball. He passes like that too

Yep pretty unique goal to his technique of striking a ball. Of course modric could have scored from there with a different style of strike too. Modric a better goal scorer than Thiago anyway. It’s the way he steps out beside the ball and almost let’s it go under him so he can drill it into the wet turf with no back lift or follow through. Pinged it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Did anyone catch Klopps post match presser last night, he was asked to apologise to Africa over acon comments. Comments which seem to have been misinterpreted by the righteous man
    I didn't, but I saw this and he looks very relieved - just how I felt really. Tough to see this video and not see through the thinly veiled surliness. I would wager he did not want to go that strong last night.

"Kind of a rhythm". . naah not fooling anyone there mr Klopp

The bottom line on the lineup was that

"it worked OUT really well - so - because nobody got injured - stuff like this so everything is good.. sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You seem to misunderstand me. I didn't say no one else scores great goals from outsde the box - obviously they do. But there wasn't one of those Modric goals that uses the technique Thiago did last night. Nothing to do with how big the game was or anything. He hit it in his own way - someone else may be capable of it but it is a part of his technique to make contact with the ball that way all the time.

Here's the training ground footage of him and Rhodri and you can recognise his unusual covering of the ball. He passes like that too

Don't think so - that's what I said - he has scored a few just like that with that head-over-ball strike which was needed in that instance in other matches...with the ball coming back at hime and low. he had plenty of time to make that strike - hasn'e beaten anyone and is not on the run. For a top tecnician that isn't that hard. thats the point.

As stated the clips on Modric's top 10 are all different types of strike - many in far more difficult situations and requiring greater technique.

Each strike has an element of the fingerprint about it obviouly.

Great strike from a superb technician but there are definitely others still around with that and more.

This is just a small sample - he hit quite a few like Thiagos in other matches but these were in arguably more meaningful games. This technique is up there with Messi

Technique is similar to coutinho. He had a good strike on him too.

Thiago’s technique for yesterdays strike was different. A world of its own that one

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Yep pretty unique goal to his technique of striking a ball. Of course modric could have scored from there with a different style of strike too. Modric a better goal scorer than Thiago anyway. It’s the way he steps out beside the ball and almost let’s it go under him so he can drill it into the wet turf with no back lift or follow through. Pinged it.
    Yep good points..

On no back lift and the highest level technique - this guy was the best I ever saw..

Another blooming Croat too... no offense anyone

When 19 asked me what I meant by technique (it isn't the clearest thing tbf)- THIS is as clear an expression of what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Technique is similar to coutinho. He had a good strike on him too.

Thiago’s technique for yesterdays strike was different. A world of its own that one
    I see it differently. It was the technique that was needed. He hit it the only way that would deliver the goal in that circumstance

Don't think so - that's what I said - he has scored a few just like that with that head-over-ball strike which was needed in that instance in other matches...with the ball coming back at hime and low. he had plenty of time to make that strike - hasn'e beaten anyone and is not on the run. For a top tecnician that isn't that hard. thats the point.

As stated the clips on Modric's top 10 are all different types of strike - many in far more difficult situations and requiring greater technique.

Each strike has an element of the fingerprint about it obviouly.
    Well you have three people disagreeing with you here.. The strike was very unusual but you're saying it wasn't that hard. What I said was it was pure Thiago, which it was..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Well you have three people disagreeing with you here.. The strike was very unusual but you're saying it wasn't that hard. What I said was it was pure Thiago, which it was..
    And what does that mean? I know my football dude regardless of what others can or can't see.

I am one of Thiago's biggest fans despite many on here writing him off - I believe he needs better quality around him to flourish. Think he is epic but believed we needed that quality and more added back in 2019 to get to the next level.

I am not saying it wasn't that hard a chance at all. I am saying for players with Thiago's natural ability it was not one of the most difficult chances to deliver that strike from. Klopp even said it in his post-match. he does that frequently in training I am sure.

EDIT: I do agree with the claim that it was classic Thiago - the way he strikes that ball.

I have only been suggesting that there are other players capable of that level of technique and beyond - that's all.
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th November 2021 at 12:09 PM.