Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Heart of Football

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I've no real clue, didn't see some of the sports you mentioned.

It is funny how with sport science and conditioning that players today are running far more and faster per game than say Kennys era.
    Yet there is a far greater risk of these finely tuned machines breaking down.
    By maximising the output the trade off at a guess is robustness.

Does seem a tad suspicious that it is occurring at such rates as you've seen lately in a post covid/vax era.
    Or that the trade off, ie breaking down has jumped so far and in one area heart health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re both thinking the recent deaths are due to over-training?
    The likely cause of the increase in mortality seems to be the vaccines. The reason it seems to be affecting the athletes is because they are young and their hearts are pushed hard. But there are also many amateur distance runners and the like who are dropping dead. They are not subject to Jurgen’s trining regimes and physical demands. Just very active and young

Even with Aguero, it probably isn’t enough to say he has some cardiac issues. If so he has cardiac issues, high levels of athletic activity and plus the vaccines
    I was chatting about two aspects, this apparent trend in a fair few sports I follow. That increasing s&c maximises performance but seems to lead to more injuries. General ones

Whereas this heart issue appears to have come along a bit too suddenly and in the one organ.

I’m not sure if you’re both thinking the recent deaths are due to over-training?
    The likely cause of the increase in mortality seems to be the vaccines. The reason it seems to be affecting the athletes is because they are young and their hearts are pushed hard. But there are also many amateur distance runners and the like who are dropping dead. They are not subject to Jurgen’s trining regimes and physical demands. Just very active and young

Even with Aguero, it probably isn’t enough to say he has some cardiac issues. If so he has cardiac issues, high levels of athletic activity and plus the vaccines
    I don't think the sudden rise in cardiac events in sport is down to athletes over-training any more than I think the rise in cardiac events in the public is down to too much junk food during lockdown, simply because this is happening so suddenly.

And it is happening across all ages, all sports, amateur and professional, not just players but referees, coaching staff etc, and of course the public.

Some will say it is down to having had covid but if so why didn't we see this phenomenon last year? before the vaccine? We'll never know the vaccine status of them all but if it is the vaccine they won't stop the train now.

Another cardiac arrest in the crowd this evening in Chelsea game. Getting to big to keep ignoring surely.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Another cardiac arrest in the crowd this evening in Chelsea game. Getting to big to keep ignoring surely.
    All getting jabbed again soon

yay death
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    All getting jabbed again soon

yay death
    And another in the saints game

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Another one in the Leicester game

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/post-pandemic-stress-disorder-heart-conditions-covid-london-physicians-b969436.html

This gives an idea of the scale of the problem and no, it’s got nothing to do with the vaccine. Of course not

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/post-pandemic-stress-disorder-heart-conditions-covid-london-physicians-b969436.html

This gives an idea of the scale of the problem and no, it’s got nothing to do with the vaccine. Of course not
    You couldn’t make it up.

I see a story in The Mail where doctors claim that the increased incidence of heart attack deaths is due to the medics being unable to put their PPE on fast enough.

It doesn't explain why these heart attacks are happening in the first place though.

I wonder if there was an increase in heart conditions after the stress of the Depression, World War II etc

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I see a story in The Mail where doctors claim that the increased incidence of heart attack deaths is due to the medics being unable to put their PPE on fast enough.

It doesn't explain why these heart attacks are happening in the first place though.

I wonder if there was an increase in heart conditions after the stress of the Depression, World War II etc
    I take anything from the Mail with a large pinch of salt. I've heard them called extreme right wing.