Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 27/11/21

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    On the bright side Salah and Mane will only miss Brentford at home and Palace away even if it's a Senegal v Egypt afcon final
    Where have you got that from?

I thought the players had to leave on Boxing Day or has that changed now?

Oh poop I thought red had it on some kind of authority.

I had assumed they both were gone for at least month, which would hurt us badly. 8 games was what I had heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I had assumed they both were gone for at least month, which would hurt us badly
    I read they would miss Chelsea, Brentford, Palace and Leicester (if they both get to the final)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I had assumed they both were gone for at least month, which would hurt us badly. 8 games was what I had heard.
    WHICH GAMES WILL LIVERPOOL STARS MISS?

Liverpool fans would have already been studying when the AFCON gets underway in early 2022, with the opening game of the competition taking place on January 9th. The final is set for February 6th, which could mean that Mane and Salah could be absent until at least the following week if they reach the final with their respective nations. Both stars are also likely to head to the competition in Cameroon early in the new year, which means that they could be missing from New Year’s Day onwards.

The last game that Liverpool’s African contingent could play may come at the King Power Stadium against Leicester City on December 28th. They will almost certainly miss the Chelsea fixture at Stamford Bridge on January 2nd, and will definitely be absent for a run of games for the Reds in the league against Brentford, Crystal Palace and Leicester City.

It’s unlikely that they would be rushed back into the team for the game against Burnley at Turf Moor on February 12th, as it comes just six days after the AFCON final. The stars will also miss the third round of the FA Cup, and potentially the fourth round at the end of January depending on whether their national sides are still in contention.

https://anfieldindex.com/50449/how-will-liverpool-cope-with-the-upcoming-afcon.html

Would more than likely miss both legs of the efl semifinal too if we beat Leicester at Anfield

It’s an absolute farce. International football depriving a top club in one of the most important 4 games of the season against a title rival. It could even decide the title.
    Ridiculous

It is possible they play at Chelsea still its up to the national teams.

Covid hopefully calls the shit off.

I dont like seeing our fans say "Only miss 3-4 games etc" they shouldnt miss ANY LFC games.

I keep saying this who paid the £35-50m for our players ?? Who pays the wages ??

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It is possible they play at Chelsea still its up to the national teams.

Covid hopefully calls the shit off.

I dont like seeing our fans say "Only miss 3-4 games etc" they shouldnt miss ANY LFC games.

I keep saying this who paid the £35-50m for our players ?? Who pays the wages ??
    I'd hope the international sides can facilitate our boys playing v chelsea.

Not sure on the wages, do international sides pay wages for injuries arising from international duty ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd hope the international sides can facilitate our boys playing v chelsea.

Not sure on the wages, do international sides pay wages for injuries arising from international duty ?
    Insurance might cover some of the wages but id guess Keita is on £100k a week not sure his country could pay it.

We may get wages but lose a key player I am selfish when it comes to us I want our players in all our games I just think it shouldnt be allowed during the season if they miss club games.

Put it this way if I rented a £1m cottage for a week then smashed it up and handed it back it wouldnt be acceptable so why is this ok in footy ?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s an absolute farce. International football depriving a top club in one of the most important 4 games of the season against a title rival. It could even decide the title.
    Ridiculous
    Other teams have more players that will be missing more than we do.

Overall there will be about 35-40 players from their various EFL teams

Watford - 5 players...Leicester - 4 players...Arsenal - 4 players...

Palace - 4 players...Villa - 3 players...Brentford - 3 players...Chelsea - 2 players

Everton -2 players...Wolves - 2 players...S'hampton -2 players...Utd - 2 players

City -1 player...Brighton - 1 player...these are some not incl us
    Last edited by fagin; 3rd December 2021 at 10:45 PM.