Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're going to win the league !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch this - then think of what he achieved with very average sides 2 world cup finals winning 1. Napoli's only ever league titles at the hardest times possible. Then ask what would happen today.

Granted it requires some thinking and obviously nobody really knows but you get what I am saying surely?

Difference between City/Chelsea now and Arsenal/United then is that the current Oil clubs are stacked. United and Arsenal had great first teams but they didnt have quality from 1-24. City and more specifcally Chelsea do (Chelsea's squad is ridiculous!).

And, whilst United and Arsenal did spend a lot of money, it still had to be balanced to some extent. City and Chelsea spend it with impunity.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Watch this - then think of what he achieved with very average sides 2 world cup finals winning 1. Napoli's only ever league titles at the hardest times possible. Then ask what would happen today.

Granted it requires some thinking and obviously nobody really knows but you get what I am saying surely?
    Absolutely. Maradona was just different gravy. Messi and Ronaldo are amazing players but there would have only been one King if Maradona was playing today.

He would transform any side in the league. Whilst, I dont think Norwich would win the league, they certainly wouldn't be getting relegated.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Steveo you dont need to convince me how good Diego was I know he is an all time great.

He would rip teams to bits on his own at times but he wouldnt win the league for anyone who finishes 10-20th in the EPL.

Its abit of a myth Argentina were crap as well they have always had decent players he was just the king and was the best in the world by some distance.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Difference between City/Chelsea now and Arsenal/United then is that the current Oil clubs are stacked. United and Arsenal had great first teams but they didnt have quality from 1-24. City and more specifcally Chelsea do (Chelsea's squad is ridiculous!).

And, whilst United and Arsenal did spend a lot of money, it still had to be balanced to some extent. City and Chelsea spend it with impunity.
    Correct that was my point

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I love Diego. Just a god like footballer. But you underestimate the level at which us city and likes of Barca at our peak dominate teams when on song imho. Diego in one of those team would guarantee multiple champions league wins I reckon.

Perhaps people underestimate football beyond the last 15 years..?

Would we say that AC Milan were just lucky? Maldini alone taking 5 European cups… was that by chance? Ever watched the ‘94 final at Wembley ? Never forget the level that was needed to overcome a poor Napoli but one with Diego.

What happened to them after he was a cripple and an addict? Italian football went on to dominate the globe in his wake.

Football wasn’t invented by Sky. This era is no tougher or harder than any other and teams are no better either, just different as the rules change the game.

We can talk about points totals all we like - for me it points to a bigger gap between the bottom teams and the top more than anything else.

Obviously money makes building a bigger and better squad an easier task but that was always the case no?

EDiT - 94 EC Final in Athens.
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th November 2021 at 02:20 PM.

I posted this?

Fuck it it's true!!!!!!!!

Everyone will be relieved to know i'm not drinking until christmas now, had me blow out! ya' all safe.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I posted this?
    I haven't made a drunk post in quite some time, but can relate fully to your current confusion.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Agree with lots of that particularly Chelseas squad, it's why I rated them as our biggest threat this year.
    City have more outright quality in their depth than us, but like us they've an Aguerro hole in their squad which is a bigger issue than our own Gini hole.